Genstealers Infrultrating - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what if i had 48 genstealers 4 squads of 12 with +1 attacks. so they cost 22 each. i had em infultrate right out side there line up according but the rules, so i was 12 inches away without been seen.
    By the second turn they had charged. and that was almost the game there.
    And keep in mind u only start with infantry on the bord and the rest werer in reserves.
    The only downside is that i get shot at on my way up, but only 1 turn of shooting. so i should have about 30 or so left.
    And to back it up have a winged hive tyrand and a carnifex with +1 strength and have a barb strangler and a death spitter. 2 blast shots with intant kills on most models.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Originally posted by Bloodthirster69@Nov 8 2004, 08:33
    what if i had 48 genstealers 4 squads of 12 with +1 attacks. so they cost 22 each. i had em infultrate right out side there line up according but the rules, so i was 12 inches away without been seen.
    Scything talons are not worth the points on stealers.

By the second turn they had charged. and that was almost the game there.
    Assuming that your opponent does not move, yes. Keep in mind that he is exactly as fast as you are, and can easily keep running away, thus concentrating his forces and blasting you apart on one side.
    For 48 stealers with scything talons your opponent can get like 70 marines. That's 140 shots if he moves withing 12".
    140 shots, 93.3 hits, 46.6 wounds, 46.6 kills...out of 48.

And to back it up have a winged hive tyrand and a carnifex with +1 strength and have a barb strangler and a death spitter. 2 blast shots with intant kills on most models.
    [snapback]246542[/snapback]
    Instant kill does not make you ignore any saves. A barbed strangler is hardly useful against marines.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

In addition, what if You don't get to Infiltrate? If You can Infiltrate, what if there isn't any LOS-blocking terrain conveniently 12" from the enemy? Then the 'Stealers get shot and die... Their expensive CC upgrade worth nothing but VPs for the opponent.

Try it out by proxy, by all means... Just pointing out that it most often won't be as good as it looks on paper.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found in practice that trying to cram an assload of Genestealers 12 away from the enemy without one model being in LOS is really, really hard to do.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Yeah, one unit of say 8 or more stealers is much easier to deploy out of line of sight than 48. And with just one unit up there, you can use the old "move your stealers forward, well within enemy firing range. Then, on shooting phase, reveal the lictor you had hidden near those stealers. Assault it into the closest squad. Then follow up with the stealers" manuver.

And depending what you are facing down, normal stealers might do you better. Against marines (or anybody that has better than a 50/50 save), I'd go with the talons. 6 points more per model might sound like a lot, but when that gives you and extra rending attack (6 to hit, byebye armor save), I'd say it's worth it.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Well, I for one think the genestealer is expensive enough before any upgrades, compared to his kill-to-simplygetshottopieces ratio. I'd go for normal stealers, as you get more of them, more attacks on the whole as more are likely to actually reach the burritos-on-legs...

+ Reply to Thread