C'tan, Can You Tell Me About Them? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay... i actually collect tyranids but since 2 of my friends collect necrons, and threatened to use their big super looking gods against me... i just wanted to know... WHAT ARE THEY!

Would appreciate it if you helped

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deciever-Evil little git that can shift the battle before the first move is made, and then start scaring your guys. Fearless armies, like Tyrannid Synapse creatues?, are at less risk from the Deceiver.

Nightbringer-Uber-killy rolling carpet of death. It has half-range Assualt Lascannon, can shove all grunt-work troops away from it (any with S4 or less) and is Str 10 itself, so unless you have higher Initiative (over 4) you really haven't got a chance of killing it. Shoot him, a lot, or swarm him.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Against the C'tan, Genestealers are your friend. You just have to get into HtH with them. Their rending claws mean that any to hit roll of a 6 is an instant wound, regardless of St vs. To. I've taken out 2 Chaos Demons thanks to that rule.

While you have less to worry about from the Deceiver due to most Nids having such a high Ld, he can still use his powers against you. I think the wording for the morale and Ld test is "the unit in question must make these tests even if they would normally automatically pass them"

I think Nids would have a harder time against the Deceiver since he can leave assaults and you can't consolidate back into anything(and assaults are the only real way you're going to take one down. That or 3 TMCs with dual VCs). The Nightbringer (don't use one so I'm not 100% sure) would pose an easier target, especially against str 5 stealers. His WS I think is better, but stealers are faster, and he may have an Inv save, but it's only 50/50 on him making it. Just assume whatever unit you defeat a stargod with is lost though, as they have the habit of blowing up when they die.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GOD i hate the nightbringer.. he should be feared.. atleast he is by me..
    i haven't reviewed my firend's codex, but as he claims he ignores all saves even invulnerables, he has 5 attacks, 5 wounds, str. 10 high toughness not sure how high though, i think its like 9 or 8, and he has a good invulnerable save and supposibly he moves li8ke a jetbike... not to mention his str 9 shot hitting on a 3+, also his high WS....

but de's wyches can handle him
    good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    DE.. fear them, play them, BE them...
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

Unless Wyches have a specail ability to wound high To creatures, I don&#39;t think they can even hurt a C&#39;tan. The only thing that Wyches could really do in CC with a C&#39;Tan is die.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The c&#39;tan do ignore ALL saves, even invulerable ones. Even genestealers are going to have a bitch of a time killing a c&#39;tan because even with rending you&#39;re gonna have to roll 10 6&#39;s average to kill a c&#39;tan and most likely with a deciever you&#39;ll never get to charge and with a nightbringer he&#39;ll just kill you all in cc or drop a pieplate on you (str 4, autohits, no saves allowed, centered on nightbringer) and watch the casualties pile up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

This is true, but of anything in the Tyranid arsenal, Genestealers have the best chance of taking one down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is true If you get 2 sqds of stealers in they&#39;ll give ol&#39; nitey a run for his money. Of course the hard part is getting them up their, most likely the necron player will see the stealers as the biggest threat to nitey and kill them first; unless he&#39;s never seen what stealers do

Senior Member SendMoreParamedics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stealers, or HUGE (and i mean huge) amounts of TMCs would be the only way to take down the c&#39;tan. the chances of a genestealer brood escaping large amounts of fire from the surronding necrons are next to none though.

wyches killing the nightbringer? my i would LOVE to see you try that. wyches arent strong enough to hurt the nightbringer, meaning he would drop a big pie plate on them and destroy more than a few of them. i dont think anything in a wych cult can hurt the c&#39;tan in close combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think GW are gonna publish more C&#39;tans? I reviewed on Night Bringer today... He rocks, and deceiver too. Btw Night bringer has 8 toughness

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast