Reaver Jetbikes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reaver Jetbikes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to do a search on strategies using our jetbikes and didn't have much luck. So I apologize if this has been asked before, I am rather new to the forums. But I usually take 4 jetbikes in my army with two blasters; If I have the points I upgrade to the succubus with an agoniser. I know this is a rather low number but I just usually use them to aid in tank busting and bolstering my lines in close combat if things get dicey. I was wondering what you other veteran players use your jetbikes for. How many do you take, what do you equip them with, and how do you use them effectively. Thanks in advance for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey,

First of, good choice on those blasters, they are nice, and handy versus tanks , however you should ALWAYS take the succubus and agoniser/power weapon combo, in combat where these guys excel ( in my opinion) he will be the main slaughterer . Never to be missed.

-Gibb
    Legendary Dark Eldar Site

"To play the blues, all you need is barbwire strung to a wooden pulp, an aching heart, and a babe who done left you"

Win/Loss- Who Cares?

"The only thing thats good to lose is your virginity"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Right. Save yourself a few points and pass on the agoniser for a power weapon. The main reason you take an agoniser is so you can wound enemies (with the majority of enemies being T 4) on a 4+. But a jetbike has Str 4 already, and are quick enough to dodge the really tough things like wraithlords. Plus you'll really enjoy killing marines on a 3+ if you roll +1 strength for your combat drugs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reaver jetbikes are very tactically advanced because why? Their speed.

For 25 points, you get units which can boost up to 24 inches around the opponent, and its a distraction, and the possibilities are endles.. I remember the trick of covering vehicle openings to trap everything inside so that they die... and thats not the only trick.

Jetbikes are so versatile, you can do anything with them, the speed gives you the ability to take any spot of the battlefield to use, its great.

When taking them, make sure you take those blasters, they are fairly cheap and add some good firepower. IF a succubus is added, make sure a weapon is added as well as haywire grenades.

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blasters, good. Always take two.

Succubus, optional.

Succubus weapons, optional too. Power Weapons and Agonizers are equally useful, though against different targets. Power Weapons are better against weak infantry (the Reaver Succubus is S4), Agonizers are nice against tough enemies and have a small chance to damage vehicles. Personally, I use the Power Weapon for my Reaver Succubi.

Size, never less than 5. Why? Because at size 4, one shooting casualty means you need to test for fall-back. At size 5 you only need to test when 2 are killed in the same turn.
    <u>Know thy Enemy</u>
    <a href='http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm' target='_blank'>-The Troll, Aggravor Pestis</a>
    <a href='http://mu.ranter.net/starcraft/bnet.html' target='_blank'>-The l33t d00d, Optimus Simula</a>
    <a href='http://40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=1993.msg496519#msg496519' target='_blank'>-The Spammer, Spammator Demens</a>
    <a href='http://members.aol.com/intwg/flamewars.htm#IPYW' target='_blank'>-The Flamer, Inflammator</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea, they are costly troops.. dont depend on them too much, as they are good to distract the opponent till they complete the task you give them. SUccubi are expensive and a power weapon would have to be taken or its a waste... and haywire.. cuz they do some EXCELLENT tank hunting when used properly with thosse nice blasters

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Which would be more effective, though, one squad of 10 Reavers or two squads of 5? Or just one squad of 5?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Lost Nemesis@Nov 14 2004, 12:33
    Which would be more effective, though, one squad of 10 Reavers or two squads of 5? Or just one squad of 5?
    [snapback]250028[/snapback]
    2 of 5... you&#39;ll get 4 blasters and 2 squads for the enemy to have to shoot at.... although that does narrow down the odds of them dying, 4 blasters better than 2... that is if you have the pts, otherwise one of 5 or if you&#39;re not going tank-busting then use a squad of 10 and boost up, next turn rapid and assault.......
    good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    DE.. fear them, play them, BE them...
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

You can&#39;t rapid fire and assault in the same turn. :hmm: The biggest problem I have with 2 squads of 5 is that they&#39;ll get shot down rather quickly and might have to start rolling those Morale checks often. I suppose it would depend on what I want to use them for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought bikes could rapid fire and still assault?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast