Hive Tyrant Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well im mailing ordering some wings for one of my tyrants, i have 2. my intial plan was to have one with dual VC sitting in the rear firing shots and one winged flying up the board wrecking havoc. but now im thinking making 2 winged tryants. i think the 180 point cost of a tryant sitting in the back shooting is kinda of a waste, since it can do more damage in HTH.

what are your opinions on this, i need it soon cause im going to bitz order tonight

2 winged tyrants or 1 winged and 1 dual VC tyrant

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go for a carnifex to be your weapon beast, as they get a more powerful shot for near the same points; and will allow you to field two tyrants if you want.
    I am with stupid /\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

Yes, if you want a full shooting thing carnifex is much better.

I would be going for a walking tyrant with one long range weapon and scything talons, then a winged one with two scything talons. This way your tough synapse is equally spread out and you get fire support as well as two powerful creatures.

If you don't agree with that or it doesn't suit your army, then two winged ones will work best. Save the shooting for carni.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by strewart@Nov 9 2004, 006
    Yes, if you want a full shooting thing carnifex is much better.

I would be going for a walking tyrant with one long range weapon and scything talons, then a winged one with two scything talons. This way your tough synapse is equally spread out and you get fire support as well as two powerful creatures.

If you don't agree with that or it doesn't suit your army, then two winged ones will work best. Save the shooting for carni.
    [snapback]247225[/snapback]
    ya might go with 1 wing, would like 2, but 18 bucks each for wings, i think ill wait a bit or check out ebay for a good deal. now dual VC for the tryant, that would give them 6 VC shots a turn, and can be on seperate targets.... with 4 BS thats pretty nasty IMO. or a extra attack with scys, and 1 VC.... to me the extra VC will do more damage then a extra HTH attack. but i guess u have to factor in the extra point cost

what do u guys usally use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by hardcastle@Nov 9 2004, 01:18
    ya might go with 1 wing, would like 2, but 18 bucks each for wings, i think ill wait a bit or check out ebay for a good deal.
    [snapback]247234[/snapback]
    You need to go bargain hunting if you want a something cheaper. Go around to hobby stores, yard sales, and small discount stores. I got both of my pairs of wings for under 10$ from old dragon models.
    I am with stupid /\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short of Forgeworld, I guess Balrog wings from LOTR are the most suitable. More batty and less dragon-y.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by hardcastle@Nov 9 2004, 08:18
    6 VC shots a turn, and can be on seperate targets....
    --- Nope, TMCs with two bioweapons shoot both weapons at the same target.

They'd need special rules to be able to divide fire.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Uzi-99@Nov 9 2004, 08:44
    --- Nope, TMCs with two bioweapons shoot both weapons at the same target.

They'd need special rules to be able to divide fire.
    [snapback]247361[/snapback]
    ahhhh i didnt know that, i thought they could fire at seperate targets, thanks for clearing that up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by hardcastle@Nov 9 2004, 08:45
    ahhhh i didnt know that, i thought they could fire at seperate targets, thanks for clearing that up!
    It is still, for the most part, a solid build. Firing (6) S8 attacks at a squad, vehicle, or tough character/thingie will usually do a lot of damage.

Against my friend's necrons, I've used my 2xVC HT to great effect. Shooting at his devastators, I'll take out 1-2 per turn. I've also managed to pop his monolith with it.

Against SM, I've dropped terminators, dreadnoughts, and an assorment of vehicles.

I love my dual VC HT. He is quite effective. One of the best things about him is that my opponents tend to fear him and so they fire a lot of big attacks at him. But with his guard retinue, he soaks up all those shots that would do real harm to my forces if aimed elsewhere.

In games of more than 1000 points, I'll field him along with my winged HT (2xST+W.
    <span style='color:orange'>And the lands shall burn from horizon to horizon.
    Just as the sun cannot be prevented from rising,
    Neither can the inevitable be halted or avoided.
    Hive Fleet Infernus shall scorch all worlds in its path.
    </span>

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

I personally like the idea of a winged Tyrant and a dual VC Tyrant.

Dual VC fex vs. Dual VC Tyrant.

The fex gets 4 shots, the Tyrant gets 6
    On average, 2 will hit from the fex, 4 will hit from the Tyrant.
    With a Fex, you are going to auto glance anything armor 11 and have a decent chance of glancing armor 12-14.
    With a Tyrant, you have a decent chance of glancing armor 11,12 but need to roll well to glance armor 13,14. But with the extra hits, you should be able to.

Now a flying Tyrant supported by 3 VC fexes and another VC Tyrant....that&#39;s scary.
    Expensive, but scary.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast