Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I'm heading down to the local games store tonight to play my first game of 4th ed, from reading the rules it doesn't seem like the game has changed that much, but is there anything I should watch out for? Any new cheap tactics making their way around yet?
As all I've done with 4th ed so far is read the book, so just I'm gonna tell ya what I think will help out our Tau Allies in the fight for the greater good. Whether this works or not, I couldn't tell you as I haven't had the privlege of fighting in 4th Ed yet.
1) Watch out for him using rapid fire weapons and then assaulting. You can only shoot assault weapons and pistols before assaulting. (exceptions being Terminator Armor, Dreadnoughts, Wraithlords, etc) Might be a way for you to tell him to stick his assault cause he shot at you.
2) You can shoot pretty much anything you want now, not just the closest. Just make a Leadership check. You still have to have line of sight. If you are shooting at non vehicles, check only other non vehicles. Shooting vehicles, check only other vehicles. With an Ethereal in your cadre, you can still re-roll Leadership checks if you fail.
3) Watch out for any bikes. They ALL have turbo boost now. 12+D6+6=bikes assaulting turn 1
4) Terminators can deep strike in ANY mission. Could cause terrible things in our lines. They also have 5+ invulnerable saves.
5) Everyone within 2 inches can use full attacks when assaulting, not just the one.
6) after that, just remember what you learned with 3rd Ed. The rest is pretty much the same as before.
Shas'O Dal'yth Shi'Or'es
Commander, IV Dal'yth Hunter Cadre
aka: Maj Stryker
182nd Cadian Para Infantry
182nd Cadian Para Infantry Reg
E Company Commander
3rd Company, White Templars
Shas'O Dal'yth Shi'Or'es
IVth Dal'yth Hunter Cadre
Blast weapons work different vs vehicles now. Half damage unless the central hole is over the tank, in which case it counts as coming from the direction of fire, regardless of where the hole actually is on the tank. It's only goodness for us.
Oh, and falling back distance is d6+init, so it's never a good thing to fall back now, cuz everything else will jujst catch and kill you.
Assualt resolves much faster in 4th. For your firewarriors sake avoid it like the plague
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>For the Greater Good BAH... For My Good</span></span>
I don't play Tau, but I've played against them quite a bit in 4rth ed rules.
Blast templates period are just different. The hole needs be be on a model(there seems to be a rift on the forums as to wether it needs to be centered on a model or just on a model) as opposed to just placing it so the largest number of models are under it.
And as maddlymatt pointed out, avoid combat as much as possible, especially with smaller units. Under the new rules, if you are outnumbered, you can be wiped out from losing combat.
Moving and rapid firing is now legal, and falling back in your movement phase and rapid firing can be devastating to slower horde armies ( :realmad: happened to me several times)
Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!
-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.