Why Do U Play Necrons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do you play necrons...why? what is it about them that makes u play them?

P.S. Blood angels rule, the anger lets us ignore wounds ...hehehe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. The fluff - it's probably the most awesome fluff out there, just a bit above the Eldar and the Emperor's fluff.

2. The very very cool looking units - even though we only have 11 units, they're all very well designed and AWESOME looking. One of the main reasons I decided to play was because of the design. If not, there's no other race in WH40K i'm really interested in collecting.

3. The rules - WBB, gauss cannons, and units that force us to think and come up with different tactics to fight against armies that can outshoot or out-CC us.

4. The Nightbringer - enuf said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, when i first started the game I picked up a WD. I looked at all the armys and they were mehish, than I saw Necrons (keep in mind I knew nothing about the game. This was back in 01), I basicly started them because of the green things in their guns Than I picked up their codex and loved their fluff. And the rest is histroy :wub:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it's a very similar story. Remember the picture of the old necron warrior in the 3rd edition rulebook with all the other critters? I always liked that and so when I heard about new plastic necrons (I didn't play when I first saw that picture) I had to go see and just the look of the warriors convinced me to play them. (Didn't know about wbb/gauss/phase out, I just thought they looked cool)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i started them because i was told they would be a quick army to paint

Sap
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been told they're a good army for newbies. I really like the Black Templar and Raven Guard Space Marine Chapters, but most of the people I'll be playing against have Space Marines so I figure that would get a little dull. Oh well, maybe for my next armies..,

The Necron models look good and compared to armies that have lots of models (i.e. Orks and Tyranids) they're fairly affordable thanks to a low unit count. The whole "We'll Be Back" thing is also kind of neat.
    If you don't know what you want you end up with a lot of stuff you don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well sure i could explain how it was love at first site, i chose Necron over all others. Or maybe how i saw a model and bought every other one... nope. Sorry, but that was not it. I wanted Tyranids

I went to my friend's house and saw his Tau models sittting around and i asked about 'em. He explained warhammer as a futuristic wargame and i instantly packed up Starcraft, Warcraft, Age of empires, chess set.... and went to Megapower games.

I saw all these cool aliens and these big head aliens and marvelled at them. "Tyranids" i read and looked at gaunts, genestealers and Tyrants. My friend, on seeing me hold a Carnifex ushered me over to the Necron section. Old Skelaton robots, he said. He'd never heard of them, they were new and easy to beat he most likely thought. I bought the codex, memorized it over night and came back the next day happy as a whistle. I bought my first warhammer products: A necron Lord, a warriors box, super glue, mythril silver, chaos black and snot green.

I cheerily built these models and upon learning the rules myself (my friend insisted his Shas'vre HQ suit had 16 attacks when shooting) i enjoyed playing my crappily painted necron despite being slauhgtered by these firewarriors (3+ save&#33. After I clarified some tau stats and memorized every bit of the book I began to really enjoy these strange metal warriors. Then I went on to buy more models and got 2 new players (tyranid and eldar) into the game. This summer i got 240$ and almost started a new tyranid army. But the Necron Legions tore me back and I now have a monolith and tomb spyders

That is a brief summery of how i started warhammer It was not love at first site as all you seem to have experienced. It was interesting still...
    Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend of mine already played WH40K, Eldar. Considering our friends are gamers altogether (PC Games, Boardgames, CCG's, RPG's, the whole lot), all of us just started thinking about what army we would want to play.

Now, we all have different armies, which is so much more fun to play! In our group, we have:

Eldar
    Dark Eldar
    Tyranids
    Tau
    Black Templars

And.. Necrons of course

Me, I chose Necrons because of the way they looked, and because of the small fluff I heard about them before buying the codex.. An ancient race, incredably powerful, ability to come back after death... I seemed all extremely nice!

Just look at the destroyer bodies, immortals, and scarab swarms.. The models are so cool!

After playing with them, I'm still very proud of them. They're very flexible, people playing against me always seem to fear a few aspects of my army, regulary try to convince me that Necrons break every rule possible(Always love those discussions), and generally try to do the things which seem the least impossible (Destroying my Monolith or Nightbringer).

Even though 4th edition remove screening, it somehow made my army even more fun to play with! No more hiding my Destroyers and Heavy Destroyers behind the Necron Warrior Phalax, just simply leave them in a corner to flank the opponent. It now looks a lot better on the battlefield!

The last thing I did was purchase about everything I still needed to complete my army. Soon I'll have:

1 Nightbringer
    1 Deceiver
    1 Lord with Destroyer Body
    1 Lord
    20 Immortals
    10 Flayed Ones
    5 Pariahs
    50 Necron Warriors
    12 Scarab Swarms
    6 Wraiths
    10 Destroyers
    6 Heavy Destroyers
    3 Tomb Spiders with P. Projectors (Might start playing with magnets to alter this)
    2 Monoliths

Anyway, that's my story.. Sorry about the rant, guys, just need to get this of my chest

Senior Member SendMoreParamedics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

originally when i was just getting into 40k i knew very few things. i knew my one friend already had an ultramarines army (and that SpaM looked boring), and that my other friend who was also just getting into it was going to do tau. that really didnt effect my decision too much, what did the most was looking at how expensive everything was. gah. after looking into the various races (my how boring did some of them look) i noticed the necrons. they had the word necro in there name, that had to be a good sign. a bit of research showed they were very expensive troops and that meant i wouldnt have to buy as many of them. that sealed the deal. it wasnt until later i realized how easy they were to paint which was an added bonus.

honestly, if money wasnt something i like to have (and i had done a bit more research) i would have done an imperial guard army, but its 6 one way, half a dozen the other. necrons are just fine.

+ Reply to Thread