Suggestions For Upcoming Battle! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well first of all, To the mods, the new site looks nice, good job! I took me a while to get used to it but it's nice!

N e ways, to make a long story longer I need some help for an upcoming battle

Basicly, I made a bet that a 500 point DE army, together with a 500 point chaos army, could wipe out a 1000 point space marine (in this case smurfs) army completely in 7 turns.

My team mate (the chaos player) hasn't told me what he is feilding yet but im guessing a supped up lord and his termies will make an appearance!

I decided right away that my DE would be as fast as posssible. I want to get my warriors to flank the smurfs and my wyches in combat in order to let some of the choas's slower units to move in for the kill!

I need any suggestions for a fast, 500 point amry. I need it to be versitile in order to respond to any moves my partner makes but powerfull enough to do some damage to the space marines!

Thanx in advance,
    Jefftheworld

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    ------------------------------------------
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?jefftheworld' target='_blank'>DONT CLICK HERE...OR ELSE...</a>
    ------------------------------------------
    <a href='http://members.rogers.com/jalyanak' target='_blank'>The Legendary Dark Eldar Army</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IM guessing assault assault assault. You kinda need some heavy weapons, so ask your friend to bring some tanks and take maybe a ravager for yourself. Squad of wyches, cuz it seems like ya need one, and then add watever you want for speed, warrior raiders, whatever you can.

ITs gonna take a lotta fire to take a 1k point marine army quickly...

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hq
    archon-105
    sf
    agoniser
    retinue 3 incubi-75
    (hq total-180)

ravager 120
    2 dissies
    horrorfex

warrior squad [10]-100
    2 sc&#39;s

warrior squad [10]-100
    2 dl

probably not the best list, i whipped it up to use minimal units.... maybe bad, i never thought this list through

think of it this way... FoF your archon up there; if incubi die get the archon in a warrior squad

got the ravager, will slaughter smurfs

and the shooty warriors; 1 for troops, 1 for.. tanks? or EASILy wiping out troops... or maybe use on the hq

the archon is very under equipped and only real cc with incubi... with chaos and a demonlord im hopin he could handle that part of the battle.... thoughts? o and
    total army-500 exact
    total units-25
    good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    DE.. fear them, play them, BE them...
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

HQ
    Haemonculus
    Destructor
    Stinger
    Shadow Field

Troops
    10 Warriors 2 DL
    10 Warriors 2 DL

Heavy
    Ravager 2 Ds 1DL
    Ravager 2 Ds 1DL

Just have the haemie walk up the board with the chaos dudes and then shoot marines when he gets there. Everyone else sit back and shoot, kill around 8 marines a turn and be out of range of most of their guns. Thats 56 marines in 7 turns, average. Or he commits a fair bit of his heavy weapons fire to killing you, which means hes ignoring the chaos boys...... OR he moves forwards to get the majority of his weapons in range of you then hes moving towards the chaos boys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me build on Karantalsis&#39; army list, it looks pretty good. Try to get the haemonculus a jetbike for better movement with him and give him haywire grenades. He will be a one man tank wrecking machine. The shadow field / bike / haywire combo should serve you well.

Also the ravagers have 4 weapons? Get 1 dl and 2 dissies on both of them. You need more troop killing stuff, especially for marines. The dl squad and haywires from haemonuclus should take the tanks. Hopefully your chaos buddy knows how to use his big guns for huge assaults on the marines.

Maybe loosen up on 2 dl squads to have a splinter cannon squad, then you can have some advancing, so:

1 splinter cannon squad advances, haemonculus on bike too..

2 ravagers and dark lance squad shoot.

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Originally posted by The Incubi@Nov 13 2004, 11:30
    Let me build on Karantalsis&#39; army list, it looks pretty good. Try to get the haemonculus a jetbike for better movement with him and give him haywire grenades. He will be a one man tank wrecking machine. The shadow field / bike / haywire combo should serve you well.

Also the ravagers have 4 weapons? Get 1 dl and 2 dissies on both of them. You need more troop killing stuff, especially for marines. The dl squad and haywires from haemonuclus should take the tanks. Hopefully your chaos buddy knows how to use his big guns for huge assaults on the marines.

Maybe loosen up on 2 dl squads to have a splinter cannon squad, then you can have some advancing, so:

1 splinter cannon squad advances, haemonculus on bike too..

2 ravagers and dark lance squad shoot.

incubi
    [snapback]249564[/snapback]
    The 4 weapons was a typo......

you actually kill more marines with DL&#39;s than with SC&#39;s and if the chaos is advancing I don&#39;t see why you need a squad of paper armoured warriors to go with them.....

You&#39;d have to drop either weapons from warrior squads (bad idea) or a ravager (bad idea) to get a bike which will not help all that much, the haemie can move up with the chaos boys and as he is an IC he can&#39;t be targeted as hes not closest so hes safe until hes in range to dish out the punishment with his nice template weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reaver not worth points; as well as haywires

the sc would be wounding sm&#39;s on a 4+.... maybe 3 cant remember... 1 sc 1 dl would be fine
    good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    DE.. fear them, play them, BE them...
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Originally posted by d4Rk_31d4R@Nov 13 2004, 18:35
    reaver not worth points; as well as haywires

the sc would be wounding sm&#39;s on a 4+.... maybe 3 cant remember... 1 sc 1 dl would be fine
    [snapback]249758[/snapback]
    Your right SC wound marines on 4+, however you have to be in range of them for them to be in range of you, not so good when wearing paper which is why for this instance I would advocate DL&#39;s and no SC. After all your not the one going forward for once.

And I agree abou the bike and haywires (did I already say that, can&#39;t remember) too expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya... Im the guy who is teaming up with Jeff for the uncoming battle

The Basic stuff im going to field is my extremely expensive Chaos Lord, and a squad of 8 Khorne Berserkers with a Daemon Spawn (Small 500pt squad) And i can pretty much move 7"-12" half da time. But i still need Jeff&#39;s units to tie up the SM&#39;s heavy Units until i get there (Its going to be a Blood Bath)
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http: //www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz/images/elite.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

The idea with the list I put forward is that he won&#39;t be tying up the ehavy stuf, he&#39;ll just remove it. Dark lance and ravager will eat any tanks he takes and the ravagers will easily mop through a dev squad each. Especially with help from the DL warriors if theres no tanks to bust.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast