Need Help With A Necron Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been playing Eldar for a while and now im turning to go to Necrons. I like the Necrons because they seem to me alot like the Eldar, there delicate but they hit hard. Necron seem to be preety well priced. i got 2 box sets of warriors and im planing on some immortals. How many r in a sqaud again? i believe 3 or 5. R immortals better than Paraiphs ( bad spelling )? I want to get a lord and mabye a Monlith in the future. Also are wraiths good for 41 points? i dont no, but if you can help me out that would be great! thnx :rolleyes:

<span style='color:red'>The Deamons are always taking over land that was once ours, the Deamon hunters MUST stop them before it is to late. To much Bloodshed over this cause to much death, THE TERMINATORS MUST DEFEND THE IMPERIAL&#33; FIGHT FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD&#33;&#33;&#33;FIGHT FOR YOUR LIVES MEN, KILL THOSE BASTERDS&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>DH/GK 2/0/0
    Eldar 3/1/1</span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Well, first of all, you should up and buy the Codex and read through that before actually buying the models. Secondly, they are NOT like the Eldar. Eldar are fast hitting, bad armor, very specialized. Necrons have 3+ armor saves, walk around shooting things with super guns, and almost every Necron army is the same. I&#39;ve heard some stories about Wraiths and the destruction they cause, and it&#39;s nasty. Just read through the Codex, maybe proxy a few games and see how you like things. (Necrons also phase out...Eldar don&#39;t, of course)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree w/ lost nemesis, just read through the Codex, and to let you know, the Eldar put the necrons to sleep. Dumb Eldar...
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order Of the Black Rose</span>
    <span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span>
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like wraiths quite a lot, they make good support for a destroyer lord. I like immortals more then pariahs, but they both are quite good. Pariahs cost 8 points more though. :glare: Look at both units and decide carefuly. Immortals also count as necrons, but pariahs don&#39;t. Immortals come in squads of 5-10.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A necron army is a fragile thing, but in a much different way than eldar. Eldar are very fragile in their individual models (Toughness and armor saves), while necron models are very tough, the army itself must be handled with a certain degree of finesse to preserve your core units. A necron army is a dichotomy in that it&#39;s designed as a horde army and yet it&#39;s core units are quite expensive.

A eldar army is used as a scapel, to cut away the heart of an enemy and let the surrounding mess collapse.

A necron army is a million needles from all sides, bleeding your opponent&#39;s army dry until only a tiny core remains, outnumbered and separated from one another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

destroyers man, they are the ones you use to keep the board under control and keep the enemies off your flanks. and the lord is a MUST HAVE as well as atleast one monolith

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Necrons, you should check the date of the previous post before replying. The last post to this topic was almost 5 years ago.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh oops! sorry

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*thread closed*