Destroyer Lord With Wraiths - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick question. While it makes a lot of sense to put the Destroyer Lord with a unit of Wraiths, my question is, doesn't this nullify the "Wraith Flight" ability of the Wraiths, allowing them to pass through cover without having to take any dangerous terrain test or pass through walls?

Is there a work around for this or do people mostly just give up the Wraithflight benefit?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In most cases this would be a "yes". However because the lord counts as a jetbike for movement purposes he can simply fly over the obstacles while the wraiths go through. Or if you want to nitpick, the wraiths are flying over with the lord. The lord is the only one that has to take a dangerous terrain test if in cover and he only has to do that if he wishes to take advantage of the cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They don't have to "join together", they can just move together, so then ur lord can't be targeted!
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order Of the Black Rose</span>
    <span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span>
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kryzak@Nov 15 2004, 12:33
    Just a quick question. While it makes a lot of sense to put the Destroyer Lord with a unit of Wraiths, my question is, doesn&#39;t this nullify the "Wraith Flight" ability of the Wraiths, allowing them to pass through cover without having to take any dangerous terrain test or pass through walls?

Is there a work around for this or do people mostly just give up the Wraithflight benefit?

Thanks&#33;
    [snapback]250627[/snapback]
    If they were in the same unit it would but if he&#39;s just chillin behind one they still get it. And I&#39;am glad more Necron players are useing this tac insted of the Scarbes. I love this combo for taken out HQs and holin termies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very nasty trick is to run 5 wraiths, and attach the lord to the 2 man wraith squad then run them in front of the others. This means that to shoot the lord squad they&#39;re shooting at majority toughness 6, and to shoot the rear wraiths they&#39;ve got to take a leadership test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as he is classed as a jet bike doesn&#39;t that mean he can just fly over terrain?
    and the writh flight thing is basically the same with out allowing them the +1 toughness?
    It&#39;s just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. -- Muhammad Ali

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is wraith flight kinda like the C&#39;tan move ment rule?
    <span style='color:red'>The Deamons are always taking over land that was once ours, the Deamon hunters MUST stop them before it is to late. To much Bloodshed over this cause to much death, THE TERMINATORS MUST DEFEND THE IMPERIAL&#33; FIGHT FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD&#33;&#33;&#33;FIGHT FOR YOUR LIVES MEN, KILL THOSE BASTERDS&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>DH/GK 2/0/0
    Eldar 3/1/1</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

@ SA_taralekomus

Dude, if you had (and read) the Necron codex then you would already know the answer to that question.

So please go buy the codex (or read it thoroughly this time)

and i hope that you are not one of those people that went and bought a lot of random models before you bought the codex.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

+ Reply to Thread