Help With My Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Starting new Tau Army and so far I have -

12 FireWarriors - 12x PulseRifles, Bonded
    12 FireWarriors - 12x PulseRifles, Bonded
    5 Pathfinders - 3 Rail Rifles

And Im getting paid this friday( 4 days from this post) and im wondering what I should get to make a well rounded Tau Army, Im aiming for a 1000 point army for now. I'm just not sure what i should get. I was thinking 3 crisis suits and an ethereal or sumthin for now but im not sure. Any advice would be much appreciated

The Sooner the Better

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far your Fire Warriors form an excellent core of troops for a 1000pt army, although you may also want to consider Kroot.

Your Pathfinders have to have a devilfish, so you'll need to buy one of those you may want to get another one for a FW squad, but that's just peronal preference.

Definetely go for some Crisis suits, I'd Say 2 - 4 in a 1000pt decide if you want an Ethereal or shas'el/o, as obviously if you go for the Shas'el/o you'll need a crisis suit for him. Also never rule out stealthsuits if you can squeeze them in

I'd strongly recommend a hammerhead and maybe a broadside or two if you're that way inclined.
    What up?!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really too bad that you already have the fire warriors though, otherwise I'd tell you to get the $90 starter pack. It's got 12 Firewarriors, 12 kroot, 3 crisis suits, and 10 drones. Plus some woods terrain to hide your kroot in. That's a pretty good deal for $90. It'd be $30 +$30+$60+I dunno, like another $30 for the drones by itself. On the other hand, you might still want to get it, as 36 FW is never a bad thing to have.

Get a Hammerhead!!!!! it fills out 180 pts, and it's really good.

Over on the hill, with the twin-linked railguns aimed at your head!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Hammerhead or Broadsides
    2) Stealthsuits

Hammerheads are so good along with the stealthsuits. I don't know about pathfinders for 1000pts, but you can still play around and get a feel for how well they do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -61 (x0)

I second the Hammerhead and Stealth suit suggestion. Stealth suits are just excellent, and a single Hammerhead is pretty much capable of providing all the heavy support you need for a 1000 point army--and it's not even that expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for the suggestions, im pretty sure now that that is what I am going to go with, I'll get myself a Hammerhead, stealthsuit team, crisis and maybe more fire warriors and drop the pathfinders

thank you for the help, its my first time playing this for 4 years, I used to use Marines. I basically just play against IG and SM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well pathfinders are nice, just that their markerlights go to waste if you don't have any heavy units around.

But yeah, can't go wrong with Hammerheads, stealth, and crisis suits.

+ Reply to Thread