Wraiths Are Useless Or Flayed Ones? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been told that a squad of 4 flayed ones could do better in close combat than a squad of 3 wraiths

<span style='color:red'>The Deamons are always taking over land that was once ours, the Deamon hunters MUST stop them before it is to late. To much Bloodshed over this cause to much death, THE TERMINATORS MUST DEFEND THE IMPERIAL&#33; FIGHT FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD&#33;&#33;&#33;FIGHT FOR YOUR LIVES MEN, KILL THOSE BASTERDS&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>DH/GK 2/0/0
    Eldar 3/1/1</span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoever told you that is either on crack, or was talking point wise. 3 wraiths are obviously better&#33; Look in the codex, in three secnonds you should be able to realize this.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SA_taralekomus@Nov 16 2004, 19:13
    I&#39;ve been told that a squad of 4 flayed ones could do better in close combat than a squad of 3 wraiths
    [snapback]251565[/snapback]
    Who ever told you that: Tell him to hook me up whith what ever hes smokin. Wraiths pwn.

Flayed Ones: If charging they get 3 attacks (charging is 50/50 for them because they move as fast as a trooper. So thats 12 attacks hitting on 4s, thats 6 hits - wounding on 4s thats 3 wounds.

Wraiths: They will always get the charge off, so thats 12 attacks, hitting on 4s - thats 6 hits, wounding on anything but; so that 5-6 wounds. O and i haven&#39;t even talked about how they can go 24" and move throw anything whith not test, and their I6. Flayed Ones are good; but not that good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to experiment more with using wraiths. From a mind-experiment, it seems they&#39;d be quite useful in taking out those annoying 5-man Dev Squads, yeah?

Sad to say that I would only ever take one squad as I&#39;d use the other two fast attack slots to take some number of destroyers. But this two might require experimentation.

Timbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by red_talon@Nov 17 2004, 01:16
    Whoever told you that is either on crack....
    [snapback]251571[/snapback]

hahahahahahahahah :lol:

suggesting some one i on crack the hieght of comedy.

but seriously 3 wraiths are good 3+ invunrable save 3 attacks each and can move 12 inches combined with initative 6 they are well gud just bought 3 myself for this winter&#39;s league i&#39;m not too into flayed 1&#39;s, or ne of the necron elites they all seem abit crap,
    It&#39;s just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. -- Muhammad Ali

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesnt the wraith move umm the same as a jet bike(30")? arent there 2 in a squad?
    <span style='color:red'>The Deamons are always taking over land that was once ours, the Deamon hunters MUST stop them before it is to late. To much Bloodshed over this cause to much death, THE TERMINATORS MUST DEFEND THE IMPERIAL&#33; FIGHT FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD&#33;&#33;&#33;FIGHT FOR YOUR LIVES MEN, KILL THOSE BASTERDS&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

Eldar 3/1/1</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SA_taralekomus@Nov 17 2004, 217
    Doesnt the wraith move umm the same as a jet bike(30")? arent there 2 in a squad?
    [snapback]252231[/snapback]
    No and no. Wraiths can move up to 24" max, and there can only be 1-3 wraiths per squad.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do wraiths have 2 wounds
    i though that wraithsmove 24 assult 6

Eldar 3/1/1</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again I&#39;m going to ask you to stop fishing for stats and go buy a rule book and a codex. Most if not all your questions will be answered by the purchase and reading of those two wonderful little objects.

For the record, no wraiths have 1 wound each and they can move 24" OR 12" and assault 6".

Senior Member SendMoreParamedics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wraiths have 4 base attacks AND get D3 more on the charge. theyre S7, always get a WBB roll, and are T6.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast