Eldar Battleforce Boxed Set - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of starting an Eldar Army.

Is the battleforce a good place to start? I'm still not sure about Craftworlds and stuff, but the battleforce would give me units that are always useable, correct?

I have to admit, I do like the models that come with it. The grav tank and all of those jet bikes looks so damn cool.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

The Guardians, Grav tank, etc. will almost always be in an Eldar army. The Jetbikes, I suppose it's personal preference. Some armies have them, some don't, but you do get a lot of models for cheaper than if you buy them separately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Don't get the battlebox. It's not that good.

Get a Farseer (£6)
    16 Guardians (£15)
    Guardian + Falcon Box (£25)
    2 Weapon Guardian Weapon Platforms (£1

£64, £14 more, but you miss the crappy jetbikes, still have the falcon, have more guardians, and a HQ. That gives you a very good base. Then jsut expand how you want.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Nebulas@Nov 17 2004, 16:44
    Don't get the battlebox. It's not that good.

Get a Farseer (£6)
    16 Guardians (£15)
    Guardian + Falcon Box (£25)
    2 Weapon Guardian Weapon Platforms (£1

£64, £14 more, but you miss the crappy jetbikes, still have the falcon, have more guardians, and a HQ. That gives you a very good base. Then jsut expand how you want.
    [snapback]252042[/snapback]

Maybe I should just get the codexes for now and just red up on the stuff.

Are the jetbikes really that crappy? I'm more of a collector then a player, but I would like to get these guys into battles a few times a month.

How is the Grave tank?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

The Falcon Grav tank is arguably one of the best tanks in all of 40k, that's how good it is. You normally want at the very least one in almost any Eldar army, though sometimes you can go without. Jetbikes aren't terrible, it just relies on your style of play. They can move 24", and if they move 12" they can still fire weapons, and they're a good speed addition if that's what you need. Their points can most likely be used somewhere else, but it always comes back down to how you use them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Lost Nemesis@Nov 17 2004, 17:24
    The Falcon Grav tank is arguably one of the best tanks in all of 40k, that's how good it is. You normally want at the very least one in almost any Eldar army, though sometimes you can go without. Jetbikes aren't terrible, it just relies on your style of play. They can move 24", and if they move 12" they can still fire weapons, and they're a good speed addition if that's what you need. Their points can most likely be used somewhere else, but it always comes back down to how you use them.
    [snapback]252064[/snapback]
    Well, I think I'm going with the craftworld ranger army. I'm thinking I'll still get the battleforce and then add rangers and pathfinders to the army. I can always leave the jetbikes on the sprues and sell them on ebay if I don't think they will fit with the Alaitoc. Actually, I may be able to fit them in. I can have the rangers site back and snipe while My jet bikes distract. I'm not sure how I can accomplish this as I have yet to actually use the jet bikes in a battle. It sounds like good fluff though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by tanglethorn@Nov 18 2004, 138
    Well, I think I'm going with the craftworld ranger army. I'm thinking I'll still get the battleforce and then add rangers and pathfinders to the army. I can always leave the jetbikes on the sprues and sell them on ebay if I don't think they will fit with the Alaitoc. Actually, I may be able to fit them in. I can have the rangers site back and snipe while My jet bikes distract. I'm not sure how I can accomplish this as I have yet to actually use the jet bikes in a battle. It sounds like good fluff though.
    [snapback]252518[/snapback]

Well, I've started my Alaitic army. After a lot of thought I've decided against the Eldar Battlefore. It's a good starter set if you are going vanilla or Saim-Hann, but it doesn't work for Iyanden or Alaitoc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Good choice, and good luck with the army. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread