Sacrifices - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sacrifices

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

The Animus Vitae requires your character with it to make an enemy unit fall back, right? (With casualties, i.e. the captured models) You get the bonus to your stats as well for the Animus. Would it be beneficial (or just fun&#33 to have a "sacrificial squad" of warriors or the like? Even Grotesques, really, since they only need 3 to form a squad. This would be a nice conversion to model as well as the fact that it could get your stats bonus on the first round of combat. (You can attack anyone in 40k, even your allies, so why not yourself?) This isn't exactly a needed thing for an army, but I just thought the idea might be neat. Your enemy seeing your Archon strike down his own soldiers in ruthlessness, imagine what they'd think once he looked at them!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

I couldn't wait to see the look on my opponents face when I got stupid rolls and the grots knockout out the shadow field or worse, kill my archon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Nobody said the Grots had to attack back, did they? I think they're stupid enough, for one, to listen to the Archon. Secondly, the Archon's their leader...it's either listen to him or die anyway. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhm.... why would you do that again
    sounds dumb to me
    and maybe i should dbl check codex, but where does it say they get pushed back :huh:
    good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    DE.. fear them, play them, BE them...
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

It says when you capture prisoners, that is when you get the bonuses. Prisoners are casualties on the enemy&#39;s side from a won combat that they fall back from. (I do think it said fall back.) It isn&#39;t a tactical idea, it&#39;s merely a fun idea and it would be a great thing to model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is a good idea but i don&#39;t find the animus Vitae to really be worth it anyway just use drugs and a punisher if your going for more strenght and why in the world would an archon need a higher weapon skill unless he&#39;s fighting something rare.

But also i think that by "enemy" that means some of your opponents models and besides the archon would wipe out the grotesques before they could fall back or even attack i would try maybe a unit of small warriors as i think it is less points (think) and there would be more to make them live long enough to run away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

It&#39;s not less points...a single Grot. costs more than a single Warrior, yes, but a squad of warriors requires at least 5 (or more), and a squad of Grot.&#39;s requires three, so for the minimum squad the Grot.&#39;s would be a better choice. It isn&#39;t really for conserving points or having things living, it would just be a neat fluff/conversion idea. ^_^

+ Reply to Thread