Nid's My Way :-) ? Possible ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when ever I think of the nid's I cant stop compairing them to the classic Aliens movies.. and I think how fun that might be to try to duplicate in 40k. my current army is Eldar and am thinking that it's time to do somthing diffrent.
    So with that in mind I would like to put a nid swarm 2gether. no flyers,nothing that shoots, just bajillions of fast moveing claw's & teeth. Un fortunately both my local hobby shops dont have the nid Codex instock (on order) if you have some time and wouldnt mind thumbing through the codex and offering your opinion .. can it be done?? I dont expect a super winning uber army, but is the concept possible can I construct a non shooting/flying nid army ?
    thx for your time folks..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

you should just borrow the codex off of someone else, soon the new one will be comming out.

Anyway, go for rippers (chest bursters), massive amounts of warriors and raveners (normal aliens). For your HQ use a tyrant (as the queen).

And you should use biovores, yes I know they can shoot, but sporemines remind me of facehuggers, one time use mindless zombies.

So your force would consist of

Tyrant

Tyrant gaurd (queen's more elite of warriors)

Warriors with rending claws and scything talons

rippers, and allot of them

raveners

Biovores

Tactics: Full out assault, right? Not really. Have your queen sit in the back gaurding the nest of biovores (her eggs). Have the rippers, raveners, and warriors get into combat while you shoot off spore mines from a distance. Then once one of your biovores is killed, or everyone is in close combat and noone can get to them, let your tyrant loose across the battle feild.

That would all keep the spirit of the Aliens there.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

It can definetly be done. In fact, you should check this link out.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really considered doing the conversions like the alienids, but I just don't have the time. Some may complain about the color scheme, which i think is dead on sexy.

You never know.

Him "Its not 3 colors! Wah!"

Me "Shove it and roll! And not in that particular order!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

Tell them there are various stages of highlighting from black to black.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

+ Reply to Thread