Battlewagon! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlewagon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

Hey all,
    I live in Canberra (capital of Australia) and just found out that Australia's biggest games con is held here every year. I've never been in a GW sponsored tournament before but have heard that they are EXTREMELY tight-fisted about GW only models etc.
    I also heard in a few places that Forgeworld models aren't legal in these things (not that I want to buy one anyway)
    So my quetsion is, will they let me use a battlewagon I made from a 1/35th scale WWII tank, seeing as there is no legal GW model?
    If so that's cool, it means Ork players get more freedom to convert stuff because of the nature of their army.
    If not it means they are making it difficult for me to implement my battle plan because they want to use every tournament as a free advertisement for their product. (Actually not free... an advertisement where the participants pay GW to show off their product&#33
    Can I do it or is it no Battlewagon for my poor boyz this xmas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

How about contacting the tournament organizers and clear up the issue with them? You'd get official response right off the bat!
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could do that or you can contact games workshop themselves and ask em.
    i personally think that they should give guidelines and allow all ork players to bring scratch built vehicles, tanks, etc...so that thier isnt any of these issues floatin around.
    wWWwwAaaaAAgggGGGhHHHhhh!!!! = DeAth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

given the fact that the battlewagon is represented in the codex they shouldn't be able to object you to use it.

So I would say yes, you can use it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an Ork player you can use scratch builds and kit bashes. You should try to use some GW bitz.
    The only thing that should get you in trouble would be if you used another companies models. Like Shock Force or Warzone stuff in your army is a no no.

Good luck.

WAAAGH! da Orkz down under
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made my battlewagon out of some busted land raider(i got it realy cheap becouse it was busted)...

When puny marine boyz see their preshus land raider turned against them...they realise that they know fear after all
    BOSS! BOSS! Lets shoot at anyfing thats not green!

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I hate to back up Hakbash, da smelly goth is right. Make one from another model (LR, russ, pimped out chimera) and plasticard, and no one will say no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

although i made mine from a plastic kid tank that i bought for a couple of dollars from a cheap-o-mart. it looks great and when we have local tournaments or games, no one seems to have a problem.
    if you use existing GW models and make your wagon from them then it is more apt to be allowed in the long run.
    however, if i went to a national tourney and they bunked my own creation...i would be *****ed. but the only way to find out for sure is to take it and see what happens.
    wWWwwAaaaAAgggGGGhHHHhhh!!!! = DeAth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't Forgeworld a branch off Games Workshop?
    When Da Boss iz in da house, ma
    Stomp it like a grot
    Stomp it like a grot
    Stomp it like a grot

When da WAAAAGH! gunna git at you
    Run it like a grot
    Run it like a grot
    Run it like a grot

When da oomies got an attytude
    Pop it like a grot
    Pop it like a grot
    Pop it like a grot

Got mo' daka in me hand den a shoota boy mob and da oomies wanna run when dey see me big WAAAGH!
    -Snoop Squigg Feat. Orkimedes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by JoRmUnGaNd@Dec 6 2004, 02:59
    Isn't Forgeworld a branch off Games Workshop?
    --- Yes, but that doesn't automatically mean that the FW models are tournament-legal.

If they have Codex entires, or are used to represent Codex stuff (and are WYSIWYG), then there shouldn't be any problem.

However, if You wish to use the Imperial Armour rules, I'd suggest asking the tournament organizers first... Some allow FW stuff, some do not.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast