Eldar Ally - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eldar Ally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello. I have a harlequin army (1000 pts), and I want to make a bigger (2000) pt army, with any sort of Eldar taking up the 2nd 1000 points. In other words I want a 1000 pt eldar army.

What would work best with a harlequin army, They are really fast and quick and hard hitting in CC. what craft world would work well with that.

I was thinking Biel-tan. I could take lots of squads of Banshees and Striking scorpions. Or something like that. I think taht would be awesome. Any other possibilities?

I dont think saim han would work well, they are super fast but I just have never seen jet bikes do much...

anyways any input you guys can give me would be helpfull. thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biel tan imo are the worst to team with harlies, there good as they can take many aspects so can have good cc units and good shooting units, with harlies you want to team them with good shooting unit which can take a punch.

Ulthwe would be you're best bet, 2 squads of 15 guardians is very cheap, throw in a seer council (for a 5 man council it's under 100 points) some dark reapers and a small squad of dire avengers and you're laughing.
    When I was a child I had a fever
    My hands felt just like two balloons.
    Now I've got that feeling once again
    I can't explain you would not understand
    This is not how I am.

I have become comfortably numb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't I get a Dark Reaper Army? Thats the best shooty anti infantry army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest Alaitoc rangers. They could pin and disrupt the enemy while the harlies charge up and take them apart piece by piece. They could also hold the flanks of your force with their long range and stop your troops in CC getting cross fired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could have a reaper army, but you would seriously want some big squads of guardians to take the hits. The reapers would also struggle against any tanks you face, so some brightlance support platforms would be good to.

And good call on the alatoic, the rangers would be amazingly helpful.
    When I was a child I had a fever
    My hands felt just like two balloons.
    Now I've got that feeling once again
    I can't explain you would not understand
    This is not how I am.

I have become comfortably numb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well dark reapers can obliterate just about any infantry you come across, and the death jesters are just about the best damn thing fir killing tanks ive seen.
    i would go with a sizeable seer council and some dark reapers, mabye some guardians as a good resilient add on for cheap points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a question here, wont the opponents ignore the guardians and just shoot the dark reapers, i mean guardians arnt meat shields any more. I guess I could give them a warlock with enhance, and they could run up as suicide munchies. But it wouldnt even be worth it...would it?

Also I like Alaitoc, I really like them I think they are sweet. Also the disruption table can really help me out with taking out Daemon princes...or tanks. Or anything else my harlies will have a hard time dealing with.

I guess its a bad thing i just bought an Iyanden army on ebay...o well.... :blush:

+ Reply to Thread