Tau Need Close Combat Weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Somewhere in the universe, bent hell on beating the crap of everyone in my way.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau really need to have like a small knife or something. I mean they may dislike close combat, but they should be able to prep for it. Having one small knife is going to make that much of a difference, but it helps us from being massacred CC.

Geckos rule!!!
    What lies at the bottomless gulf between the soul and the heart?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why you have the Kroot to do the CC fighting for your Tau. The Kroot are supposed to be adept in CC while the Tau specialize in long range combat. They pretty much go hand in hand there.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x6)

i assume by "one small knife" you imply that the squad leader has a bonded knife. but to use it'd he couldn't use a rifle. so then you'd either need a pulsepistol (not a bad idea) or a second knife...

but to make a long story short, woud you rather have an extra Ini 2 Str3 WS2 attack in CC?

or a 30" Str5 BS3 rapid fire rilfe?

cause that's what you'd be giving up...

knives are for kroot.

Firewarriors should do what they do best, shoot their expensive gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

I think the Tau mentality is that if you allow the enemy to get close enough for cc, you're boned.Their entire approach to warfare is based on the "hunter" approach.If you're hunting a bear,and it gets close enough for you to use your knife on it,you can pretty much bet you're gonna be bear pooh in a few hours.I ghuess the tau figure at that point no amount of training is gonna help you and you need to improvise really friggin' quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well me and my friends joke around and say tau don't hit and fight.... THEY SISSY SLAP!

I take chainswords and swords i get from my friends, you can easily get your hands on swords for tau.
    Damn straight homies! Of course tau kill SOB then they go on a pantie raid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it says in the codex that the tau compared to even humans have a slow reflex time thats why they shoot everything and have nothing besides kroot to beat someone up with,
    shoot with them thats what there for if you want a close combat army go for something else, like khorne or black templars/blood angels
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If tau were to have a knife or similar for close combat, do you not think that it would make the tau a little too good?? I mean seriously the whole principle of the tau army is that it is a shooty army and they have the kroot to deal with the close combat, i have only played a couple of games against imperial gaurd and each time i use the powerfull and long range weapons of the tau at first to kill as much as possible whilst at the same time using my squad of kroot to engage them in close combat and tear through their ranks.
    But thats just my opinion, if tau were better at close combat it would be unfair for the other armies, and thats coming from some one who collects tau.
    ARMOUR HAS A “U� IN IT

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau hit you in the face with the butt of their rifle when they're in CC, just like the U.S. army does.

In a lot of ways the the Tau are like the U.S. army, laser guided misssles and everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by TheAsianNoob@Nov 22 2004, 17:46
    Tau really need to have like a small knife or something. I mean they may dislike close combat, but they should be able to prep for it. Having one small knife is going to make that much of a difference, but it helps us from being massacred CC.
    [snapback]255438[/snapback]
    How exactly would you propose to do this? Ok, give every fire warrior a single close combat weapon. Oh look, it changes absolutely nothing!
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I don't think Tau need any kind of knife cause they have a expensive gun and there guns are good. I think they are tied with Imperial Guard in first with firepower so it would be to cheap to be tied in first in shooting and also be not bad in cc. Don't u see that Guard also have crappy closecombat except for special characters just like the tau.
    Hi.............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast