Kroot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kroot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Definately, Tau need help in close-combat and a charging squad of 19 kroot and a Shaper dish out 62 attacks!

Kroot
    1 Attack
    +1 Attack for Additional Close-combat weapon
    +1 Attack for charging

Shaper
    3 Attacks
    +1 Attack for Additional Close-combat weapon
    +1 Attack for charging

for only 161 points including armour save!

You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you compare the stats to an ork, they're almost the same. treat them like foot sloggin orks with 1 less attack and better bs. the only real difference is that they dont have choppas.
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personaly i think kroot are actualy better than tau, they just have beter stats. the weapons they get arent as good, but if you get them into close combad like youre suposed to that doesnt mater. if i could i would just have an entire kroot army, just because i <3 cc . but they are cheep, and they ARE good, so there is no reason why you shouldnt have them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell......I think Kroot are worth it......If I could field an entire army of them (Which I think I can...) then, ***** I would&#33;&#33; I mean, they would kill in HTH&#33;

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well let me make you happy...
    You can field them as an army on their own.... the Kroot Mercenary army.
    You&#39;ll find the complete rules in Chapter approved 2003.

I think that the kroot are a force that the tau army can go without... I have played against tau players using them, the kroot being the only force to keep up the army for the 5 turns the battle raged.
    Once I got through the kroot, killing off the rest of the Tau forces was like cutting with a hot knife through butter.

The good thing about using the kroot as the mercerany list is that thay can have "evolutinoary adaptions". A nice thing that allows you for a few points to upgrade a squad of kroot with different adaptions. Adaptions like orkish, keen and so on...
    Due to rules I can&#39;t tell you all about them, but look in chapter approved and you can read it for yourself...
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rhino Driver@Sep 6 2003, 12:41
    as long at you play a table with forests, they should make their points worth. in forests they make exellent firepower "snipers". in close combat, kroot areent worth it, but the hounds are. for less points, they are better then kroot in close combat. if warhammer ever allowed you to field hounds by themselves, they would be used all the time.
    ditto.

I think their fieldcraft is what sets them apart. Their stats really aren&#39;t that great, better than regular Tau, but not good enough to beat the specialty CC troops of other armies. And their armor is so weak that they&#39;re in real trouble if you leave em in the open for shooting. Bury em in a forest where they are at their best. Hounds, on the other hand, are a match for space marines aside from their armor. Awesome CC troops, only prob for Tau is that you can only field 24 hounds total. :blink: <_< And you can&#39;t field em solo. On the plus side, they share the kroot&#39;s field craft abilities, so they make a nice compliment to the kroot who can snipe from the forest, and then charge forward with their hounds for the CC.

Remember that the kroot initiative isn&#39;t that high though, it&#39;s important because, like I said, most elite CC troops you run into will strike first and make mincemeat out of the T3 6+ kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know, for a cc unit, they&#39;re good shooters (bs 3, ya hear me, fire warriors?&#33. its like bolter shots crazy but they just dont have heavy weapons. no worries, put a broadside behind them and treat them as the "marine with the lascannon in the unit"
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rhino Driver@Oct 14 2003, 01:15
    put a broadside behind them and treat them as the "marine with the lascannon in the unit"

That&#39;s one expensive mofo of a lascannon upgrade, (granted it has its perks over the regular lascannon SM).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They definitly have their ups and downs, and I&#39;d say thaty the tau can do without them.

However, I consider them worth buying. I don&#39;t think they are gonna be used every battle, but if you play with forest, its a no-brainer. They are also more appropriate against certain armies.

So, I consider them a sound investment. They&#39;re excellent as models, and you are going to play them, and they will be usefull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And they&#39;re wicked looking soldiers. They&#39;re easy for me to imagine running through forests, ducking under and over limbs with ease, and swinging their guns around as staves in CC, very cool.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast