Quick Dark Eldar Color Question! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I've got this crazy fluff/painting idea going on in my head and I need help on how it would work.I'll post in painting section too.

Okay, vet DE players, let me know about this one:
    The Dark Eldar have painted their armor and such white so when they fight in battle, they can get bloodstained and show off their kills in style. So my DE warriors, raiders, etc. would be white,and then i'd "splatter" red gore or something on them, and some green for aliens, to show that they've killed mucho. I'll convert the Lord to show he was tearing hearts from IG and SMurfs, and the raiders would be black, but have like, white pieces that look as though the DE added them to catch blood and body parts. So, what do you say? the white DE splatterd in blood?
    but how would i do it, without just priming them white? What can i highlight or add to it to make it look nice without just painting white then splattering? Thanks for your help.

It is living and ceasing to live that are imaginary solutions. Existence is elsewhere. - Andre Breton

"this coffin already has a body, thank you very much. we have coffins empty for sale."- me

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

er..welll...

i started my DE with the white and black armoured theme, started with black base coat, second coat of codex grey where i wanted the white plates to be, then ghostly grey (though they dont sell it anymore you could still make it) and then watered down white, looked good aswell as stated by a few "master" painters blood splats arnt good and doesnt do you army any favours IMO, if you were to do blood just do it on a few models and do it on things like raiders on the trophy racks with severed heads etc. just do the bit about white armour so blood shows more in your fluff

nice idea overall though that is only my opinion, at the end of the day its your army and up to what your final decision is good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm.. I have like blood stains on allmost every blade in my dark eldar army.
    Its is a quite cool look.

Yes, its your army, YOUR decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may sound mean no offense but the id practicly sucks.
    Dark eldar are masters of suprise assault swiftly moving trough the night like the wind. They will strik without warning and the first thing you will hear/see of them is there first victim being ripped open. (Ok now im going to much to the fluff side srry bout that )
    Anyway Dark eldar move trough the night they use DARK colour schemes so they wont stick out like. HEY GUYS IM OVER HERE WERE GONNA SUPRISE ASSAULT YOU. Dark eldar will never wear bright colours because they will have a bigger chance og being detected that way and doesnt the name DARK eldar say enough? If they woul use bright colour schemes they would be called BRIGHT eldars. But thats my opinion

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could do a similar thing with any other colour, but the idea of a kabal of Blood is pretty cool.
    Don't forget though, the lord would have the most blood and next would be the wyches (warriors don't get in assualt much and whe they do...they die)
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    ------------------------------------------
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?jefftheworld' target='_blank'>DONT CLICK HERE...OR ELSE...</a>
    ------------------------------------------
    <a href='http://members.rogers.com/jalyanak' target='_blank'>The Legendary Dark Eldar Army</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I red ink the blades on my Talos and a couple of Raiders. I&#39;m not a big fan of blood spatterred troops either. I tried a few and didn&#39;t like the way they looked. But hey, it&#39;s your army and please feel free to do what you will. You are the only one that needs to be pleased with the paint scheme.
    Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

+ Reply to Thread