Cross-type Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was experimenting on army builder w/ the Dark Eldar list and was wondering in a DE player's opinion whether this list is a viable list.
    Dracon w/Mask of the Damned
    10 warriors w/2 Dark Lances(retinue)
    Dracon
    10 warriors w/2 Dark Lances(retinue)
    20 warriors w/2 Dark Lances
    3 ravagers w/3 Dark Lances each
    10 grotesques
    10 grotesques

The army is supposed to lay down overwhelming(124) splinter rifle shots and (25) dark lance shots. The ravagers are supposed to go after hiding indirect fire vehicles/transports, and the grotesques are supposed to act as a screen for the warriors causing any failed ld tests to shoot other targets to pretty much be wasted.

ph34r teh 1337 k0r34n 5p33x0r

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#1 grotesques can't move w/o a ld test, so i can almost guarantee those will be holding back
    #2 dl's wont be able to shoot wen moved... you're not going to be very mobile
    #3 a non-sf dracon.... okay!?
    #4 how many points
    #5 .....
    good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    DE.. fear them, play them, BE them...
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This looks like a list that will sit back and shoot, so I&#39;d try to make up for the lack of mobility by purchasing some Reavers instead of the Grots. Two squadrons of five sith two blasters in each squadron should do it, and each should have a Succubus with a power weapon. I&#39;d also give one of those Dracons a shadow field, and give both Dracons a splinter rifle and soul seeker ammo to enhance this list&#39;s shootiness.

This list I&#39;ve proposed is 2,104 points strong. d4Rk_31d4R, you have the codex and can do the math on the one YourHeadASplode put up.
    You must never forget the essence of your spark
    All of that which defines you is the essence of your blood
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved
    The infection has been removed
    The soul of the machine has improved

Look into my eyes
    Tell me what you see
    Someone real?
    This is real&#33;
    What you wish to be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

For a shooty list tath could work reasonably as the dark lance shots are silly numbers, however with the ravagers (Which are excellent troop killers) I would suggest taking 2 with 3 dissies so you can fire all weapons on the move and ditching one in favour of blaster armed reavers to go after the hidden tanks. I wouldn&#39;t suggest taking 20 grots, maybe stick withthe 10 as you don&#39;t actually want them to move they should do fine and with the freed up points from dropping them buy a SF for your dracon and replace a few of those warriors in the retinue with incubi for a counterassault unit with a bit of punch for the times you are charged.

Maybe switch 4 DL&#39;s for SC&#39;s for anything without a 3+ save and your on your way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can still see shooting armies out gunning you, your armour is crappy all round still, and you wont be moving anywhere if you want to use those Dark Lances.
    Your gonna need some combat counter attackers and harrasing troops. Otherwise, I cant see it working very well.

-Gibb
    Legendary Dark Eldar Site

"To play the blues, all you need is barbwire strung to a wooden pulp, an aching heart, and a babe who done left you"

Win/Loss- Who Cares?

"The only thing thats good to lose is your virginity"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True the list would need more mobility, however for someone who plays IG with Witch Hunter allies I don&#39;t think other shooty armies would be the problem as much IMHO.
    ph34r teh 1337 k0r34n 5p33x0r

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Gibb@Nov 29 2004, 10:43
    I can still see shooting armies out gunning you, your armour is crappy all round still, and you wont be moving anywhere if you want to use those Dark Lances.
    Your gonna need some combat counter attackers and harrasing troops. Otherwise, I cant see it working very well.
    -Gibb
    [snapback]260824[/snapback]
    if you can tell me what other shooting army can gun down 140 dark eldar warriors and 20 grots whilst being shot at then ill eat my hat, but other than that i like the list, though i have to agree with the swapping of some dark lances for splinter cannons/and or disintergrators on your ravagers

also whoever said it ravagers can move 6" and shoot all its weapons, move 12" and shoot 1 of its weapons - sounds good to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could picture that army being pulled out onto the table, it definitly could be threatening.
    after thinking, this is what you should probably do

sf one dracon; in this type of list since you&#39;re not really looking to charge maybe just hook him up and the other dracon with a power weapon, drugs are an option but are suggested.. screw mask of the damned and hell mask them instead

anything popping within 24" of you is SCREWED, 36" doesnt have much a chance,but 48" things are the death of you, also ord. tanks could pinch
    definitely 1 dl 2xdissie the ravagers
    then, ditch SOME grots; also separate them into different squads
    i suggest squads of 5 for the grots, and ditch enough of them so you can have 2-3 reaver squads of 5 with 2x blasters, and pop any tanks or things that have longer range than you, maybe even ditch a ravager for some? since ravagers are weak armored they could get shot down easily

i don&#39;t agree with gibb at all, i could see that list doing incredibly well... just have the grots screen up the warriors, just move on the first turn if at all with the warriors, blast away... i guess i&#39;d say make 2 of the warrior squads have sc&#39;s instead of dls... reavers can get rid of anything giving you trouble thats out of range/tanks, and another idea i got is you could ditch the retinue and have the dracon join the grots, just so they wont have to take the stupid test and screen even easier, and when the squad is depleted then just move the dracon back into coherency of another squad... it could annoy your opponent and do very well... pretty nice list i like the idea and spark of it....
    good game <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Potratz' target='_blank'>http://mistupid.com/stuff/whackbin.htm</a>
    DE.. fear them, play them, BE them...
    -*God of HALO2 .... question my skills? challenge me on xbox live and i&#39;ll show you who&#39;s boss*-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Originally posted by Heretic@Nov 29 2004, 16:29
    if you can tell me what other shooting army can gun down 140 dark eldar warriors and 20 grots whilst being shot at then ill eat my hat, but other than that i like the list, though i have to agree with the swapping of some dark lances for splinter cannons/and or disintergrators on your ravagers

also whoever said it ravagers can move 6" and shoot all its weapons, move 12" and shoot 1 of its weapons - sounds good to me
    [snapback]261065[/snapback]
    Ravagers can move six and fire all its weapons (including dark lances), but with the new rules can move 12 and fire all its weapons&#33;&#33;&#33; if 2 (or all 3) are disintegrators, because if you set a disintegrator to &#39;sustained&#39; it is counted as a defensive weapon&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by karantalsis@Nov 30 2004, 07:37
    Ravagers can move six and fire all its weapons (including dark lances), but with the new rules can move 12 and fire all its weapons&#33;&#33;&#33; if 2 (or all 3) are disintegrators, because if you set a disintegrator to &#39;sustained&#39; it is counted as a defensive weapon&#33;
    [snapback]261523[/snapback]
    thats what i just said lol..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast