Warwalkers In An Alaitoc Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in the middle of creating an Alaitoc army and I'm trying to make it a little more troop heavy. I don't think I can see a Wraithlord in this army because it doesm't fit the fluff. I was reading the page on WarWalkers and they are often used to scout out ahead of the army. I think they could have a place in my army, but how effective are they and what is their role? Are they good shooters? They have that cool forcefield ability when being shot at from the front.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

They are very ppor at absorbing damage, and are expensive, so you have to play them correctly. They get destroyed easily, and won't pay they're points back nless you play them correctly. They do, howver, have the ability to pump out loads of firepower. Fitted wiht weapons suited to their role, and with a Guiding Farseer (just in case) then they can destory anything they come into contact with. I usually wouldn't use them, and would recommend Support Weapons, or a Falcon instead, but seeing as I know play an USF, they are worth taking, if only for fluff purposes.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I understand it, the trick with War walkers is proper positioning at deployment and also having the right weapons for the army you are facing.
    I think using at least 2 in a single force org slot, if not three, and arming them all the same is the way to go. Decide if they will be anti-troop or anti-armor and arm them accordingly. Modelling an interchangable weapons mount into them as you build/paint them is essential unless you can afford multiple models for interchangeability, or don't mind breaking glue to re-arm them.
    One of the biggest problems with them is that in tight terrain it can be difficult to allow all three of them to target the same unit without becomming exposed and vulnerable to enemy fire.
    Your opponents will probably target them at the first chance they get, especially after a couple games/turns against them and the incredible power they wield. Unfortunately, once they are exposed to anything but flashlights they will start taking rolls on the dmg tables, open topped rolls no less.
    Games Workshop is the Wal-Mart of hobby products, except for the low prices. The lack of respect and profit mongering is there in spades.

+ Reply to Thread