Should I Start An Army Now? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys. Seeing as I have discovered dipping and will be able to paint armeis of nids quickly one question remains.

Should I start now or wait until the new codex?

If there are going to be big changes then I dont fancy buying models which will fall out of my favour when I see new ones. Also as I only buy an army to a set, flexible list I dont relish the prospect of having a big re-shuffle.

Basically.... should I start now or should I wait to see if there are any big changes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Well, if You want to wait for around at least half a year... Go right ahead!

If You want to start now, then the models which are in all probability not changing are the current plastic boxes of Gaunts and Warriors. Also, all accessories which are made on plastic sprues will probably remain legal choices.

This simply due to the fact that plastic molds are rather expensive, and I can't rightly believe that GW would simply abandon them. =)

Of course, even if the options remain legal, it's currently impossible to say whether or not they remain points-effective... So either You wait or assemble now, knowing that they might change in the future.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buy what uzi said, but don't properly assemble them, so pin with no glue so it holds together, but you can change weapons if the ones you use get knocked out of the list or become obselite. that's all i can say, but it should help.
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?crontdiggery' target='_blank'>click here to see my tyranids army in all it&#39;s glory&#33;</a>

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Another option is to buy an army from eBay. Use it to see how you like the Nids, and if you want to invest in the new models when they come out, put the back up for auction. There are still buyers for all the 2nd Ed models on eBay, so I&#39;m sure you&#39;d be able to sell these models when the new ones come out.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada, North America, Above the United States, On Earth. PM me if you still don't know.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gojiratoho is right. that&#39;s the best way to go.
    Win/Draw/Loss
    Seeding Swarm Deathbringer: 16/5/13
    Witch Hunters: Currently in development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers dudes I shall ahve a look.

+ Reply to Thread