Alrite Ladz, I's Needin A Bit Of Elp. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to start Orks - I'm sick of playing as smurfs and goons (tau).

I've looked at the codex and knocked up this 1000pt list, what're your thoughts?

Warboss (Choppa, Power Klaw, Iron Gob, Bosspole)
    20 Slugga Boys (Nob, 3x Burnas)
    20 Slugga Boys (Nob, 3x Burnas)
    20 Shoota Boys (Nob, 3x Big Shootas)
    20 Grotz (including Slaver)
    3 Killa Kans (2 Burnas, 1 Big Shoota)
    Dreadnaught (Twin Linked Rokkits, DCCW)

I figure with such low BS the big proliferation of Burnas will allow me to cause some big hurtin' on the advance with the Sluggas, Warboss and Kans. The Shoota boys and Dreadnaught would skulk out of charge range until an opportune moment providing fire support.

What do you think? I figure 85 models on the table in 999pts isn't too bad. Especially when you consider the sheer number of attacks the two Slugga mobs would get on the charge!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trough playing u develop your own style of play

-i like to use big mek with kustom force field and tools(force field gives cover and he can even repair-with oilers on 3+ - also he can do nice damage) ....i use lots of rokkits to bust their tanks and dreads fast
    and i allways put atleast one truck (truck boyz or boss with nobz) to outflank enemy real fast...

-and coz im a Bad-Moon i realy like to use them flash gitz

u should experiment!
    your list should be realy deadly in cityfight

GO GET THEM! WAAAGH!!!
    BOSS! BOSS! Lets shoot at anyfing thats not green!

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upon contemplation, - I'm going to leave out the grots and the Dreadnaught, then stick in another squad of Killer Kans all with the Armor Plating - I figure three separate targets with 1.5x the firepower is a better investment. I'll swap the Big Shootas with Rokkits, too.

I thought about more Rokkits, but Burna Boys get 2D6+4 penetration when in close combat, which I figured would do it for any vehicles "in the way", while the shootas could rain down fire onto any nearby vehicles, as could the -6- Killa Kans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Give all the kila kanz big shootas or rockets. Also if your not going to give your nobz powerclaws or iron gobs/big horns, they are really just a waste of points. Ether make your shoota boyz mob smaller to give them some wargear or just take them out and get more grots and maybe go for the big mek and his shield b/c he is always helpful. Just my opinions.
    What is dis signature nonsence?! dem stupid human zoggers are always trien to confuze us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks very balanced for 1000pts. keep the grots. you may not always use them, but you never know when you just might need them. killer kans and dreads work wonderful together.
    the amount of boyz is good as well. i never...Never use shoota boyz. no good in hand to hand. remember...your a ork with a gun. not a good combo. even though i play Deathskullz and that is a looty shooty army, slugga boyz make out the bulk of my forces.
    get a mek in there to lead some burna boyz, but i always use burnas with my slugga boyz if not rokkit launchas.
    good luck and welcom to da WWaAAaagggGGhHH!!!!!!!!
    wWWwwAaaaAAgggGGGhHHHhhh!!!! = DeAth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by WAyerst@Dec 4 2004, 234
    I thought about more Rokkits, but Burna Boys get 2D6+4 penetration when in close combat, which I figured would do it for any vehicles "in the way", while the shootas could rain down fire onto any nearby vehicles, as could the -6- Killa Kans.
    [snapback]265343[/snapback]
    Remember burna boyz get 2d6+3, it can still kill everything exept T8 units and monolith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burnaz can be ineffective against vehicles. You might be surprised at how many turns you whack at a dreadnought and can't penetrate it (you still have to hit it you know).

Rokkits can come in handy. I would recommend that you think about adding a couple.

two kans are almost always better than a single dread. Be sure to take them as seperate heavy choices though.

Grots are a necessity. Don't leave home without them.

Shoota boyz are not worthless in any way shape or form. They have been substancially improved in the 4th edition with the rapid fire rules. Just be sure to give them 3 big shootas, stand back, and watch the dakka fly (and they only loose one attack in h2h vs a slugga boy, plus the choppas).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Scarpia@Dec 8 2004, 144
    Burnaz can be ineffective against vehicles. You might be surprised at how many turns you whack at a dreadnought and can't penetrate it (you still have to hit it you know).

Rokkits can come in handy. I would recommend that you think about adding a couple.

two kans are almost always better than a single dread. Be sure to take them as seperate heavy choices though.

Grots are a necessity. Don't leave home without them.

Shoota boyz are not worthless in any way shape or form. They have been substancially improved in the 4th edition with the rapid fire rules. Just be sure to give them 3 big shootas, stand back, and watch the dakka fly (and they only loose one attack in h2h vs a slugga boy, plus the choppas).
    [snapback]269289[/snapback]
    why take the two killer kans as two seperate heavy choices???
    the only reason for that would be so that you could seperate them, that is something that i think is a bad idea.
    instead of taking a shoota boy squad, take a slugga...give them 3 big shootas, and then you have the benefit of all them choppas.
    shoota boyz do not have choppas. its as simple as that when i make my choice.
    if you try to justify having shoota boyz by thier shootas, it just doesnt make sense.
    any unit of shoota boyz can be replaced by slugga boyz....and be more effective overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ugluk-bludeth@Dec 14 2004, 00:44
    why take the two killer kans as two seperate heavy choices???
    the only reason for that would be so that you could seperate them, that is something that i think is a bad idea.
    instead of taking a shoota boy squad, take a slugga...give them 3 big shootas, and then you have the benefit of all them choppas.
    shoota boyz do not have choppas. its as simple as that when i make my choice.
    if you try to justify having shoota boyz by thier shootas, it just doesnt make sense.
    any unit of shoota boyz can be replaced by slugga boyz....and be more effective overall.
    [snapback]274096[/snapback]
    A killer kan can tie up a unit completely in hand to hand combat if they don't have power gloves etc. if you have say a marine unit with no power gloves I can get the killer kan in combat with it by turn two then they are essentially out of the game until either they are all dead or another squad that does have a power glove charges in. Remember, kans have an armour of 11, just enough that standard weapons can't hurt them.

Either way I can concentrate on the rest of the army without worrying about that squad for ages.

As to shootas - you won't find a better or cheaper squad for killing of light troops and vehicles, they will hold an objective for ages and still be marginally effective to 24" (trust me, 20 shoota shots will take out a figure or two). They are also an extremely effective power glove delivery system for those armies that don't have light troops. They will get that power glove to the side of a vehicle or into combat with a squad. They may not have choppers but they are still effective in hand to hand combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by moody@Dec 13 2004, 086
    A killer kan can tie up a unit completely in hand to hand combat if they don't have power gloves etc. if you have say a marine unit with no power gloves I can get the killer kan in combat with it by turn two then they are essentially out of the game until either they are all dead or another squad that does have a power glove charges in. Remember, kans have an armour of 11, just enough that standard weapons can't hurt them.

Either way I can concentrate on the rest of the army without worrying about that squad for ages.

As to shootas - you won't find a better or cheaper squad for killing of light troops and vehicles, they will hold an objective for ages and still be marginally effective to 24" (trust me, 20 shoota shots will take out a figure or two). They are also an extremely effective power glove delivery system for those armies that don't have light troops. They will get that power glove to the side of a vehicle or into combat with a squad. They may not have choppers but they are still effective in hand to hand combat.
    [snapback]274108[/snapback]
    good points, however, i rarely get etiher my kans or dread into hand 2 hand, they usually get blown to pieces, maybe you have better stratagy??
    any way, your comment about how "20 shoota shots will take out a figure or two"
    you made my point for me. orks werent made to stand and shoot. if your objective is to try and match fire for fire agianst an opponent...you WILL lose.
    take the slugga boyz, give em big shootas, rokkit launchas...what ever, and get into your opponents face. its your best odds.
    and sure shoota boyz are effective in CC...just toss that 4+ out of the window though and let your enemy have his 3+ save...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast