Basic Nid Stratergy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is impossible to even get close by the fourth turn...one game i got inclose on the second turn
    Okay, the first thing I want to ask is how many points do you play as your usual force (2,000)?

is not very wide about 40-50" and really long, at least 60"
    It seems the board is just about right, but I think it might be actually a little SMALL for a 2,000 point force. Typically I find games under 1,000 good for a 48" by 48" board. 1,500 points plays well on a 48" X 72" (4' X 6&#39, but can also work well on a 48" X 96". If you are playing 2,000 points, a 48" X 96" (4' X 8&#39 is perfect. You want some room to move around.

What scenarios are you playing? Some missions are a bit tough if your opponent has the entire long edge to deploy, mostly becuase he can be mobile enough to displace and advance easily (Patrol or Bunker Assault). If you are placing your units in quarters (Cleanse) try a tactic of crowding his units in a corner. Deploy first and near the center of the board. Have him cluster up his units and dump spore mines on his fire warriors.

If he sets up the board, do you have a choice which side to deploy on? It may be a case that he is not being to fair with providing adequate cover. I notice the really shooty armies love the big wide open boards with zero terrain. Some folks had a good discussion on how to place terrain ( http://www.librarium-online.com/forum/inde...topic=2662&st=0 ) and I found method 4 in the rulebook (pg 124) to be a good way to randomly place terrain also.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Move towards the space marines keeping cover as much as possible here are some match ups

Red Terror
    Raveners

Terminators
    Try and get the terror to eat them

Geen Stealers

Tactical Squad

:blink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know about raveners, i have written down the points and stuff for leaping warriors and basically with the warriors you can get the same 18"movement and same weapon skill (plus all modles with in 2" get full attacks) as a ravener but for 35 points or a few more if you bump them up to 5 strenght. the only thing is you loose one attack i dont know if a 45 point rending claw scything talons ravener with one more attack then my 35 point warrior is worth it. i mean 6 reveners 270points or 8 warriors for 280points and you gain the much need synaps for it.

thsi is just what i think though. although raveners look kick ass

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

X-Griffin, you're absolutely right... i always thought in my mind that raveners were top sh1t... but ur winged warrior brood sounds quite nasty... put a few more ideas in my head.. ta

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Raveners aren't that bad...their hidden strength is the small brood size.

Your opponent can choose either to overkill a single ravener or to face it in close combat next turn. He will waste a lot of firepower to it (because the whole squad has to shoot at that ravener), with that firepower he eventually could have killed two or even three warriors. Raveners are also faster than leaping warriors.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaping warriors don't qualify as Fast Attack, and therefore aren't really in competition with Raveners.

Flying Warriors are faster, in general, then Raveners.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Most of the time, yes. They still have severe problems with difficult terrain though, and you need at least three warriors, so they are very vulnerable to firepower, especially krak missiles. A devastor squad could wipe out an entire unit of warriors per turn, but it can kill only a single ravener (if you use a minimal squad).

Raveners are in fact a good deal for the points, even if you compare them with warriors.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

humm i guess i see your point take one raveners as a single modle unit and let your opponent waste a squads fire power on him, because the two wounds i guess a units character cant just pick him off either. i hadnt though of it that way.

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My question is, does a single Ravener DRAW fire? And if he doesn't, is a lone model that effective in close combat? (Admittedly, its a Ravener in close combat, but a single model is still just a single model)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

They do, because they are basically as dangerous as a warrior. Take three of them as fast attack choices, and you got the same punch as three tooled up warriors. Even if you use only one and it reaches close combat, then make sure that it fights at the side of that enemy unit (assuming that it was forming a line). This way only very few models can attack the ravener, most will fight the gaunts which have base contact with the rest of that unit...and the ravener meanwhile fights at full effect. That's almost as efficient as a leaping warrior contributing attacks from the second line. Most of the time your opponent won't attack the ravener at all as long as there are still gaunts tying up his squad character.

jwu

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast