Tau Against Shooty Nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a tournament and my first opponent is a shooty nid list with a thousand points
    he has 2 zoanthrope
    1 carnifex with a str10 gun
    3 biovores
    a winged hive tyrant
    20 gaunts and genestealers

i have a stealth team
    2 hammer heads
    2 broadsides with rockets and shields
    1 crises leader with twin plasma rockets and a shield
    8 fire warriors
    8 fire warriors

please help me :realmad:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

You guys really are shooting for the composition scores, aren't You?

Anyway, the important thing is that You're much better at shooting than the Tyranids are, so use that to Your benefit.

Here's what I'd try to do:

Stealth Team tries to take out Biovores. This would be important because the 'Vores will decimate Your FW. The Tyranid doesn't have that many expendable troops, so he doesn't really have the chance to deal with these unless he wants to move his TMCs out of their way to deal with the Stealths (not something I'd do as a Tyranid player; then again, I'd have more troops ).

You could ignore the Biovores and use the Stealths to decimate Gaunts and 'Stealers, but all it requires of the Tyranid is one or two Warp Blasts from the Tyrant or Zoans and Your Stealths are gone. This is why I consider it would be more tactically feasible to send the Stealths to take out the Biovores, which would enable the Firewarriors to stay alive longer to take out the Gaunts and 'Stealers... As said, I wouldn't send any of these precious few Tyranid units to chase the Stealths. If Your opponent does... Well, it's a Tyranid unit less attacking the rest of Your army right now. =)

Your Hammerheads have Railguns and Submunitions? The Submunitions are very good in thinning the Gaunts and 'Stealers as well...

But target priority for Railguns and Plasma should be the Winged Tyrant first, Carnifex second.

If any Zoanthropes are stupid enough to come into LOS and there are no more immediate threats, blast 'em to bits with a well-placed Railgun shot. Range of the Warp Blast is rather short, so try to deal with these before they get to use it.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

All of his guns are going to AP your Fire Warriors. Use your Hammerheads to take down that flying Tyrant or submunition the gaunts (which ever one is closer to assaulting.) The Gaunts have a very large assault range, keep them out of HtH. Actually. If anything makes it into HtH, you're pretty much dead. I woulnd't worry about the Fex if it only has 1 gun. Statistically, its only going to hit half the time and wound half the time. The worst you should expect is one Hammerhead unable to shoot that turn.

The Biovores are going to be a problem too as they don't need LOS to hit your troops. Their shots scatter but stay on the board and drift. I'd dump the rockets from the Broadsides and give them rail guns. You want as much AP 2 long range fire as you can get and as many pie plates as you can get.

Your top priority is the gaunts and the Tyrant, as they could be on top of you by turn 2. The Fex, Zoans and Stealers are slow, so you have time to deal with them, and the Biovores you probably won't have a chance of killing until the major threats are dealt with. The Zoans are dangerous if they are in range. Find out their weapons range and stay out of shot with your vehicls so you should be fine. The 'Vores can hurt your Hammerheads, but it's pretty rare.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i changed my leader last night to a flamer and missile system fusion blaster and target lock and 2 shield drones as i thought it would protect him a bit more and to take out the tyrant by hiding then moving on to a hill shooting and jumping back down

also i have 2 packs of 6 fire warriors now :hmm:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

1 commander with rockets, fusion blaster, flamer, shield generator, multi-lock, and 2 shield drones
    --- Note on the revised Tau Commander in Crisis: Please, do take the Flamer! Um, wait a moment... In this game it might actually come in handy, considering that there are no Leaping units around. Then again, the only units it really works against are the Spines (You really want to kill these, right?), the 'Stealers (a bit more worthy target, but leaves You all too close to them even with Jetpack assault move) and the 'Vores (You want to go kill them on the other side of the board?).

And why take the Fusion Blaster? It's basically a Meltagun, right? You don't need that against the Tyranids, especially due the crud range.

Better to kit the Crisis with twin Plasma to deal with the Tyrant and Carnifex.

Also, I believe Your suit is illegal:

3 weapons take all three hardpoints.

Hardwired Multitracker (no hardpoint taken if I understand correctly)

Hardwired Drone Controller (again, no hardpoint)

Shield Generator requires a hardpoint, but You don't have any free (illegal)

Any Tau players care to clarify this for me as my specialty is Tyranids, not Tau?

What I'd take if I were the Tau:

Twinlinked Plasma
    Shield Generator
    Hardw Multitracker
    (possibly Hardw Drone Controller w/2 Shield Drones)
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by Uzi-99@Dec 8 2004, 15:50
    --- Note on the revised Tau Commander in Crisis: Please, do take the Flamer! Um, wait a moment... In this game it might actually come in handy, considering that there are no Leaping units around. Then again, the only units it really works against are the Spines (You really want to kill these, right?), the 'Stealers (a bit more worthy target, but leaves You all too close to them even with Jetpack assault move) and the 'Vores (You want to go kill them on the other side of the board?).

And why take the Fusion Blaster? It's basically a Meltagun, right? You don't need that against the Tyranids, especially due the crud range.

Better to kit the Crisis with twin Plasma to deal with the Tyrant and Carnifex.

Also, I believe Your suit is illegal:

3 weapons take all three hardpoints.

Hardwired Multitracker (no hardpoint taken if I understand correctly)

Hardwired Drone Controller (again, no hardpoint)

Shield Generator requires a hardpoint, but You don't have any free (illegal)

Any Tau players care to clarify this for me as my specialty is Tyranids, not Tau?
    What I'd take if I were the Tau:

Twinlinked Plasma
    Shield Generator
    Hardw Multitracker
    (possibly Hardw Drone Controller w/2 Shield Drones)
    [snapback]269422[/snapback]
    Yes, the suit is VERY much illegal. In fact, I believe in another topic I attempted to get that threw railgunboy's mind. There are only THREE hardpoints the Crisis suit has access to, and THREE Hard-Wired points. Weapons cannot be hardwired, nor can the shield generator, so they all take up a hardpoint. Multitrackers, gun controllers, target locks and the likes CAN be hard-wired but each takes up a Hard-Wired point.

Better with Tau than you thought. ^_^

EDIT: The Crisis suit I am talking about is the HQ Crisis suit, of course. A normal Crisis suit has NO Hard-Wired points and a Team Leader/Shas'vre has a SINGLE Hard-Wired point. Just to clear that up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much also could you help my brother he collects iron warriors his name is Knarloc666

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wehey wot a (N) list considerin u collect tau railgun boy lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone find this person irritating and space invading i thought we were all friends not here to laugh at others
    WHO AGREE'S????????????????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

Railgunboy: If You have something to say about someones posting behaviour, report them to the Moderators. Blue box with yellow exclamation mark and the text "Report", to be found below the post in question.

Do not start criticizing them openly in the forum itself... That will only lead to problems for You as well. As Your current tag says: "Be Cool or Be History".

That's not an honorary mention, in case You're wondering... It's a hint the moderators have chosen to give You, and means Your behaviour also might not be up to par.

So cool those jets, and let any arguments be related strictly to WH40K issues... After all, that's what these boards are for. (Y)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast