Kroot Master Shaper Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

----&#62; Link to Kroot Master Shaper Rules <-----

1). If you assign a Kroot Master Shaper to a squad of 20 Kroot, Does that mean you can thus attach 21 Hounds to it?

( I.E. You have 20 Kroot, plus the Kroot Master Shaper, so thus, 21 Kroot count towards your 1 for 1 attaching? )

2). Does assigning a Kroot Master Shaper count towards the limit of models you can attach to it otherwise?

( I.E. You have 20 Kroot, and want to attach 20 Hounds, however, does the Master Shaper then count as one of the models you can attach, thus limiting you to only 19 hounds? )

3). If you assign a Kroot Master Shaper to a squad, can you give them a Armour bonus as per a normal Kroot Shaper?

4). Can you have a Kroot Shaper, AND a Kroot Master Shaper in the same Squad?

5). Does the Kroot Master Shapers "Inspirational Presence" ability allow re-rolls on Normal Kroot Shapers, Kroot Hounds, Krootox, Knarlocs, and Great Knarlocs?

- Thanks&#33; -

P.S. Kroot ROCK&#33;

P.P.S. Reading the fluff makes ya wonder, would he still be alive? Or, does time-line fluff not matter for tourinent stuff? I mean, sheesh, How could someone who lived 300 years ago, be on the same table as someone who is alive in modern fluff?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Well, first of all, where do you get the rules for Master Shapers and the rest of the units you posted down below? Obviously they aren&#39;t in the codex. Maybe on GW?

EDIT: I&#39;m a moron. Just saw your link, sorry&#33;

My answers would be:

1) I would assume so, as he is a Kroot and I believe the normal Shaper counts as well.

2) I don&#39;t think so, no, as he is a Kroot like them.

3) He already has the bonus, doesn&#39;t he? If you&#39;re asking if you can leave out the normal Shaper and still have the bonus, I&#39;m not sure, but if I were playing you I&#39;d say yes, since he&#39;s technically a Shaper.

4) I would assume so, as one is a Special character and the other is simply an upgrade for your squad.

5) I&#39;d say yes, as it says "any KROOT UNIT" which leads me to believe, yes. Kroot Hounds, Krootox, normal Kroot, etc. are ALL a species of Kroot, as described in the fluff about the Kroot in the codex.

I hope this helps even a little bit. I&#39;d say yes to just about everything, as I&#39;m using more common sense than anything else. Do you have the rules for the Gnarloks handy? ^_^

Another EDIT: Also, he has Independent Character status, so therefore he doesn&#39;t have to join a Kroot squad. So, say you had the squad with everything including the Shaper. Technically, he would just be attached to that squad, he isn&#39;t a further upgrade but just an IC joining the squad, like a Shas&#39;O joining a Crisis squad. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[BLUSH]
    Your not a moron...

I added the link in an edit, you musta read it before I got the edit in there.....
    [/BLUSH]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Maybe. :blush: Well, I edited my previous post instead of posting a new one with my answers. I hope it helps&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunently, I only have rules for the Tau forgeworld equipment, and not the Kroot forgeworld stuff, which I believe is found in "Imperial Armour Update 2004", I just have "Imperial Armour Update".

I would LOVE to see the rules as well, Im interested in the Knarloc riders alot, since Tau lack any speeder equivilents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by Tonya Tau@Dec 7 2004, 21:16

Unfortunently, I only have rules for the Tau forgeworld equipment, and not the Kroot forgeworld stuff, which I believe is found in "Imperial Armour Update 2004", I just have "Imperial Armour Update".

I would LOVE to see the rules as well, Im interested in the Knarloc riders alot, since Tau lack any speeder equivilents.

[snapback]268651[/snapback]
    Well, I&#39;ll look into getting the book if I can, and maybe I&#39;ll share you some rules.

But as to the rules for using the Master Shaper, etc., I&#39;d say go for it. Just use common sense if it isn&#39;t clearly stated you cannot use certain things, etc. Innocent until proven guilty, therefore Right until proven Wrong? :wacko:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Originally posted by Lost Nemesis@Dec 7 2004, 23:19
    Well, I&#39;ll look into getting the book if I can, and maybe I&#39;ll share you some rules.

[snapback]268654[/snapback]
    Hehehe. I bet if Tonya Tau was Tony Tau istead, this response would&#39;ve sounded more like:
    &#39;It&#39;s illegal to put rules out over the internet. Go out and buy the book.&#39;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by MobiusPrime@Dec 8 2004, 14:19
    Hehehe. I bet if Tonya Tau was Tony Tau istead, this response would&#39;ve sounded more like:
    &#39;It&#39;s illegal to put rules out over the internet. Go out and buy the book.&#39;
    [snapback]269308[/snapback]
    Nah. If you want the rules, too, I might share with you. I&#39;m not genderly biased, of course not...

Anyways, I&#39;ll be looking into the book in the next few days, and see if my local store has it. I doubt it, as too few people play around here, but I&#39;ll check it anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on guys, lets not get into trouble....

*looks arround nervously*

:unsure:

okay, the coast is clear....

*hands everyone an unmarked .pdf file*

Remember, I wasnt really here....

:unsure:

( Seriously now, Anyone else have thoughts on the Kroot Master Shaper rules? )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, on point 1 - there&#39;s nothing that says if you use him that he automatically must be assigned to a Kroot squad (like kroot hounds or the krootox) so I would not think that he could be "included" with that squad to increase the buying limits to that squad.

Similarly the same should also apply on point 2. Just becuase you add him (by using the normal IC joining a squad) should not mean that the squad numbers are affected by him being there.

Also combining the above as one - moving him into the squad is really done as the models "hit the table". Figuring out limits and number of the Kroot is more of a picking your force situation - well before the game begins on the table.

Point 3. There is really nothing apart from his "name" which says that he is a master shaper, much less a shaper. So unless I read otherwise I&#39;d have to say no to this as his rules say nothing about the abilities of a shaper or master shaper.

Point 4. Same as point three reasoning. In addition, the shaper in the carnivore squad entry is an upgrade character. Being an IC and bought separately shouldn&#39;t affect the squad in this fashion - because of my comments on point 1 & 2. Unless of course there was a rule which said only one shaper in ANY squad AND he is indeed a shaper as per the rules, and not just his "title."

Point 5. As long as they are considered a Kroot unit and within the aforementioned 6" - Yes.

And on the "real" usuability of him I believe it was noted somewhere about Eldrad Ulthran and the fact that he "died" recently. AFAIK, you could use his model, his stats, and his equipment to represent an Eldar farseer special character - but he could not BE Eldrad Ulthran in name or fluff. The same should apply to Anghkor Prok as well - use the rules, but he could not be THE Anghkor Prok.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast