1,000 & 1,500 Pt. Necron List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, are 3 Necron Army Lists I have come up with the first two are serious and the last one is kinda serious kinda for fun. Let me know what you think on any, or all three, of them thx.

1000 Pt. Army
    1 Lord (Res Orb, Veil of Darkness) 200
    1 Lord (Destroyer Body, War Scythe, Res Orb) 180
    10 Warriors 180
    10 Warriors 180
    4 Scarabs (Disrupt) 64
    4 Scarabs (Disrupt) 64
    3 Wraiths 123
    Total: 991

This is my personal favorite army of the three, its pretty typical 'cept for no destroyers... okay go cry about it. The first Lord's job is to stay with the warriors and to bounce them where they are needed most. The 2nd Lord starts off with the wraith against an infantry heavy opponent and turbo boosts to attack key units, or against a vehicle heavy unit he joins up with the scarabs and they go tank hunting. And if the scarabs arn't tank hunting they are tieing up high powered CC units, which is why they are in two groups so they can tie up more units.

1,500 Pt. Army
    1 Lord (Res Orb, Veil of Darkness) 200
    9 Immortals 252
    15 Warriors 270
    15 Warriors 270
    3 Destroyers 150
    3 Destroyers 150
    3 Heavy Destroyers 195
    Total: 1,487

This is a very traditional build, Lord stays with the immortals as DSes them to the most important spots while the warriors and destroyers provide massive amounts of cover fire :-)

Lastly my fun build...

1,500 Pt. Army
    1 Lord (Destroyer Body, Phylarctery, War Scythe, Phase Shifter, Lighting Field) 210
    1 Lord (Destroyer Body, Phylarctery, War Scythe, Phase Shifter, Lightning Field) 210
    10 Warriors 180
    10 Warriors 180
    10 Scarabs (Disruptors) 160
    3 Tomb Spiders 165 (3 Staff of Light)
    1 Heavy Destroyer 65
    Total: 1,490

Well this is a army I built for fun. Scarabs are my favorite Necron unit, so I decided to build a army around them. The Warriors squads hang back in cover so I don't get phased out, the two Lords each attack to a group of Scarabs and attack both vehicles and troops thx to their War Scythe/Lighting Feild combo. The last Scarabs either tie up troops coming for my Warriors in a troop heavy army or attack more tanks in a vehicle heavy army. The lone Heavy Destroyer stay hidden and only pops out to attack heavy infantry such as Termies and Wraithlords. The Tomb Spiders hang back and use their staffs while creating yet more scarab swarms.

Well those are my three decks, I hope you liked them and want to here any questions, comments... complements, you may or may not have. Thank you again in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you cant give tomb spiders a staff of light, but a particle projector equivalent to a staff of light though we will let that one slide. I see the second list is quite shooty. Other than that I kinda like it.
    Win/Lose/Draw
    Necrons: RETIRED
    Harlequins: RETIRED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by TopHatCat@Dec 7 2004, 232
    Well you cant give tomb spiders a staff of light, but a particle projector equivalent to a staff of light though we will let that one slide. I see the second list is quite shooty. Other than that I kinda like it.
    [snapback]268706[/snapback]
    Yeah the second one is, but I was trying to get a range of Necron possibilities, if you scroll down abit in this forum, I think its still on the first page, you can see my total CC necron Army list for 1,500 pts. Check it out, I would love more comments on that one as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2cnd is better
    first 380 points of lords
    that is excesive and wastefull
    3rd doesn't seem fun but for fun its up to you
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'><u>&quot;Veni Vedi Vici&quot; </u></span></span>

Bob: If you had a dollar for every 60 cents...
    you'd be Canada.

Bill: actually i think its more like 70 cents.

Bob: <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> Tar-nation! You stole my thunder!</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an improved version of my 1,000 point army.

1 Lord (Res Orb, Destroyer Body, War Scythe, Cronometron)
    10 Warriors
    10 Warriors
    5 Scarabs (Disruptors)
    5 Scarabs (Disruptors)
    3 Wraiths
    3 Destroyers
    Total: 992

Senior Member SendMoreParamedics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh, just remember to always keep your scarabs in big groups. small little swarms = useless. secondly the lord really doesnt need a resurrection orb in this small of a game. the rest of his wargear is largely useless too (except the destroyer body). next i would for sure consider trying to cram more necrons onto the board. 30 or so warriors (this includes flayed ones, as theyre basically CC warriors) in a 1000 point game is a good thing to aim for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say dont pick the stuff for your lord until you know the person&#39;s army you are playing against. Although I always go with the Destroyer Body and Res Orb all the time then I just pick the rest out.
    Win/Lose/Draw
    Necrons: RETIRED
    Harlequins: RETIRED

+ Reply to Thread