Just Starting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Just Starting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

a battleforce is recommended. what kind of army do you want to have? a shooting army or a cc army? if you wanna go for shooting get 5 destroyers and 2 squads of scarabs + a large unit of immortals. if you want to go cc get a couple of flayed ones and some wraiths. i only use the VoD when my enemy will be assaulted next turn and he knows it (if cc battle). if you play against tau you just have to chrage with 20 scarabs and use the VoD at round 1. he will have a shitload of targets to shoot at that strat always works out for me

"I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds good, Wraiths are highly recommended for either way you want to go, shooting or cc. Cause I mean I know they can't shoot, but if you want a shooting army, there are still times when you'd need a few good cc players. You get some Wraiths, come agianst a team like Tau or someone who are pretty much a long ranged team, you can use VoD to transport them down and chop up some Firewarriors and whoever else gets in your way. If you don't know, since your knew VoD is Veil of Darkness which is something your lord can use that basically teleports him and 1 squad of guys whereever you please. BUt i mean Wraiths have 3+ save, 4+ invulnerable, S6, T4(not that great), WBB role of 4+, along with Initiative(I)6(I believe)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wraiths are absanely insolute. They have Init. 6, 3 attacks(&#33, 12 movement THROUGH stuff, Str. 6 and a +3 Inv. save. That all adds up to IG killing MACHINES. Seriously, never leave home without them.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every thing in the Necrons you can get, has it's like "special purpose" I guess you'd say. You can build a Necorn army that would be pretty close to perfect against probably any army. For ex.

They have Tau(supposedly based on long range). Quick & easy solution get a squad of Wraiths(that's what I suggest you could get flaye dones or something though), deep strike them down to your opponents side of the field, and pretty much just leave them there and let them kill everything they can. I emna S6, 3 attacks every turn. They have 3+ invulnerable save, T4, 4+ save & the WBB role. Anyway, while your opponent is trying to figure out a solution for the Wraiths which are (hopefully) killing tons of troops and ect...You lay down a storm of gauss fire from say 2 squads of warriors and some destroyers.

Now, you can always go with the really brutal tactics. Deep strike a Nightbringer(It hasn't been cleared up yet, but I'm pretty sure the NIghtbringer can be equipped with the VoD), wiht a bunch of Pariahs or Flayed Ones. THe Pariahs & Flayed Ones(both do this), lower your enemys leadership. Then the Nightbringer has an effect which forces the enemy to tkae a moral check. THey have like leaderhsip 6 or 7 now, they could pass but I doubt it. Either way, your right behind & they're getting chopped up.

So ya basically, you can design your Necorn army for any approach. Before you start buying you may want to decide which approach you want to use(Of course you cna change it). I'm sure I may have messed up somewhere w/ the second example, I don't have my Codex right now(my friend has it). But i have seen something just like that done before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It hasn't been cleared up yet, but I'm pretty sure the NIghtbringer can be equipped with the VoD), wiht a bunch of Pariahs or Flayed Ones.
    I can spot two major flaws just at a glance. A C'Tan can NOT use Wargear, only a Necron Lord can, and it is perfectly clear in the Necron Codex. Furthemore, Pariahs are not Necrons and may also not Teleport using the VoD, just as the C'Tan is not a Necron and thus couldnt use a VoD even if it could be equiped with wargear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bad homes, I said I wan't sure about the whole NB thing. And about the Pariahs, I jsut forgot they wern't Necrons. You aint got to go all technical on people when they make a mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i was u i would not get c'tan. They cost to many point's and are not that good

Closed Thread