Librarium Online Forums banner

Pathfinders

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  stealths 
#1 ·
u can nearly turn fw into pathfinders get a fire warroir with pulse combine and dont gav it back pack or a shoulder thingy and it should look like a pathfinder but i think buying it from the blister pack is cheaper :unsure:

#2 ·
I built my path finders like that. I also used a hole puncher to punch some plastic discs out of blister pack plastic to glue over the hole in their back. This looks good when painted and makes a good spot for a decal or a hand painted Tau symbol.
I also clipped the antenna doodads off the hand held scanner thingy and attached it to the scopes to represent their marker lights. I also don’t like using the running legs on my basic fire warriors so giving them all to pathfinders works out.
Doing this also frees up some extra shoulder pads that I plan on giving to my Ethral body guard unit.
-GM

#3 ·

Extra Shoulder plates... *sigh*

Wish they sold the bits for them separately somewhere.... My Gue'vesa Auxillaries are going to be a mighty expensive conversion.

I personally prefer the metal Pathfinder models, as theyre helmets looks differant then Fire Warriors. Though, I wish they had the same leg armour of the Fire Warriors.

Also, here is a question, Has any tried sticking a Rail Rifle onto a Fire Warrior? How well do they match up???

Would like to know.

#4 ·
GW made all the pathfinder and firewarriors interchangable.

so you can have fire warriors with rail rifles

that's how they did the Kais conversion when fire warrior came out.

#5 ·
Yeah I intend to convert half a dozen Firewarriors into Pathfinders. I dont actually care for the metal ones. I will shave the leg armour off, reduce the size of the left upper arm 'pads', and use GreenStuff to make up the right hand one. The back pack and arm shield will become spares (and may go into a new squad of rather more 'randomly' equipped Gues'vesa), and the back pack mounting will be reduced in size and maybe contoured more closely to the shape of a body, with GreenStuff. Markerlights will be created from thick plastic card, and I may add cables with thin wire.

The Railrifles can certainly be attached to Firewarriors, about the time the game was released (and the Railrifle armed PFs were also released), White Dwarf published stats for a 40k 'Kais' and a pic of a converted Firewarrior mini with a Railrifle.

#7 ·
Originally posted by Tonya Tau@Dec 10 2004, 04:56

Extra Shoulder plates... *sigh*

Wish they sold the bits for them separately somewhere.... My Gue'vesa Auxillaries are going to be a mighty expensive conversion.

I personally prefer the metal Pathfinder models, as theyre helmets looks differant then Fire Warriors. Though, I wish they had the same leg armour of the Fire Warriors.

Also, here is a question, Has any tried sticking a Rail Rifle onto a Fire Warrior? How well do they match up???

Would like to know.

[snapback]270711[/snapback]​
how did u make those gue'vesa Auxillaries, did u use catachan body plus legs put a tau helm over it and shoulder pad

#8 ·

Havent made them yet.

Plan on using Cadians. Gonna shave off the Imperial Eagle from the Lasguns, and their Helmets, Add Tau Shoulder Plates, and Antenna peices, as well as give some of them pulse rifles.

I toyed with the idea of using Kas'r'Kin for the mod, but they are just too freaking good looking for that, and they dont have Lasguns on their models... I think they use Hellguns or something weird. I dont know, Dont play Imperial Gaurd.

#9 ·
Originally posted by Tonya Tau@Dec 13 2004, 22:32

Havent made them yet.

Plan on using Cadians. Gonna shave off the Imperial Eagle from the Lasguns, and their Helmets, Add Tau Shoulder Plates, and Antenna peices, as well as give some of them pulse rifles.

I toyed with the idea of using Kas'r'Kin for the mod, but they are just too freaking good looking for that, and they dont have Lasguns on their models... I think they use Hellguns or something weird. I dont know, Dont play Imperial Gaurd.

[snapback]274939[/snapback]​
Yeah, they're called Hellguns, and they do look too good to chop up. Hellguns -could- be used as Lasguns, though, cause technically all they are are Lasgun variants. Cut off the cables and you have a Lasgun look-alike.

#10 ·
there are rules to these guy u know like

TROOPS

The following army list entry may be taken in Tau armies, occupying one Troops choice on the Force Organisation chart.

6 points for a model armour save 5+ everything else like a imperial guard

Squad: The squad consists of 6-12 auxiliaries.

Weapons: Lasguns.

Options: Up to two auxiliaries may be equipped with a pulse rifle or a pulse carbine at +3 points per model. The team may carry EMP grenades at an additional cost of +3 points per model.

Character: One auxiliary may be upgraded to a Gue’vesa’ui at an additional cost of +10 points. The leader may buy a markerlight at an additional cost of +10 points.

SPECIAL RULES

Traitors: Although the humans who have joined the Tau empire bear no ill-will towards their former compatriots, the same can not be said of Imperial troops fighting the auxiliaries. Imperial troops will always hit a Gue’vesa on a roll of 3+ in close combat, regardless of relative Weapon Skill.

but i wonder if u can put auto cannons on them like a suport team

#11 ·
For those who havn't seen them before, I may as well show you a picture of my own Gue'Vesa - standard plastic Cadian Storm Troops with the imperial winged skulls shaved off, and a couple converted to carry Pulse Carbines.

I didn't see any point in putting Fire Warrior type arm shields or back packs on, although I may get around to putting a few Tau helmet antennae on some of them.

#13 ·
Originally posted by stealths@Dec 14 2004, 19:18
can 2 of them be turned into a heavey weapon support team

like aut cannons lascannons ect.
[snapback]275835[/snapback]​
No, not unless you are using a Fluffy IG army. Otherwise, they only get lasguns and maybe a little bit of Tau weaponry.

Yes, I know they suck.

Yes, that is how GW made them.

Yes, it is pointless to take them into your army unless you want to be fluffy.

#15 ·
Originally posted by stealths+Dec 15 2004, 07:32--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stealths @ Dec 15 2004, 07:32)</div><div class='quotemain'>wat good are they if they cant hav heavey support team with a auto cannon.
[snapback]276046[/snapback]​
[/b]

They are dirt cheap infantry (with optional tank killing capability), they can occupy table quarters, and harrass light enemy.

<!--QuoteBegin-stealths
@Dec 15 2004, 07:32
and also wat do u mean by fluffy
[snapback]276046[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Fluffy means that they are 'realistic' to the story or idea behind the unit in the codex or other GW literature, even if this means a minor disadvantage in games terms. This is brought out in terms of unit selection, wargear equipping and other optional coices.

The alternative is 'Beardy' which means an unit that has choices that do not reflect the fictional history, but are optimised to beat a specific enemy at all costs. Ruleas interpretations are also 'bent' to maximise the chances of winning.

#16 ·
oh about the pathfinder u can use modling putty (green stuff) to extend the head of the fire warroir and slice and twice bits off to make it slimer and green stufff it smothe and u got a pathfinder but its kid of expensive to spend 64 dollors on a pack of fire warriors and green stuff and makeing 12 plastic pathfinders

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.