Vindicator - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vindicator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a friend that is necrons and wants 2 play me. im gettin a vindicator to blow them away (hopefully). but he's got this lord with the viel of darkness and can transport and all the bull. how should i hide it or make sure he doesn't blow the Kaka out of it before i get 2 use it. (i asked on the necrons forum because u would know what 2 do 2 destory 1 so maybe you'll know how I should hide it)

Nice Guys Finish Last
    hilarious game

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Vindicator uses a pie plate, right?. If I were the Necron player, I'd be wary about hopping around with a VoD as I would fit just wonderfully under and Ord Temp. He'd be taking a big risk hoping to pop it before you got a chance to fire.

That being said, I managed to pop one with a single warrior before. That squad has killed a Wave Serpent, Vindicator, Devestator, and Land Raider with one lucky shot. (Hit, 6 to Glance, 6 to pop). I've remodeled one of the Warriors with a Destroyer Head and have named him SniperUnit69.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

put your tank in a corner, and line your foot soldiers out in front and beside him several inches. this will discourage VoD because of the risk of popping up within an inch of your units or off the edge

the destroyers would still probably destroy it (sorry I'm bias)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Resistance is futile....watch for his scarabs w/disruption fields if he brings them. Then pop them with DOUBLE wounds from an ordnance template! That's a sad suprise for Necrons :blink: ...gotta run now, being chased by brother Necrons...
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you will get a round or two in, but if he has scarabs, or a monolith, watch out cuz he will be blasting/rushing you as best he can. spacing out units 2" from each other makes large blast not as devastating. He will only use the VoD if he has mental issues. Even a plasma shot can be devastating to a VoD'd unit (I learned quick, when I lost 7 immortals and took a wound on a lord because my VoD scattered into los of a plasma cannon).

I find the best way to deal with big guns like that is to throw everything that can hurt it at it, and give it too many targets to deal with.

I've been less than impressed with ordinance, since it always scatters it is hit and miss whether or not you will get anything. Only thing I have killed with my monolith ordinance are a few SM's and took the lascannon of a dreadnought (penetrate and a 2) (only played it in 3 games now).

all it takes is a 6 and a 6, or a 6 and a 2 or up, then charge with scarabs next round (auto hit with no movement).

*but* all that being said, I told my SM friend he should get one when facing me, since it would be brutal on my squads.

Justin
    Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vindicators are scary, especially after VoD... my friend used one against me, but he realized too late that if you move over 6", you can't shoot the Demolisher weapon...

Then I took him out with 3 Gauss flayer shots... 2 hits, 1 glance, 1 roll of 6 to destroy... muahahahaha! =)

He hated me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a bunch of traitors and should be striped of your traitorus skin, anyway my plan was to vod my 10 immortals right behind his vindicator and blow the dirt out of it. anyway he can't put it in a corner because i'd just snipe it with a heavy cannon because with the new rules you can't sceen

P.S. brice get an army
    Their number is legion, their name is death

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my plan was to vod my 10 immortals right behind his vindicator and blow the dirt out of it.
    You can't shoot after you deep strike, and anyways if you drifted too close he could just turn around the vindicator and blast half the squad to hell.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 84 on the rule book... you can still shoot but count as moved... no moving or assaulting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bad.... Sorry about the mistake! :blush:
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast