Tyrant And Bio Morphs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have seen a few people armies with there tyrant being mutated with the large mutation... but they have more then 4 species in the armie is there somthing im missing or is this wrong? the only thing i can think of is a tyrants guard counting towards total unit wound but i dont really see them as a unit.

XG

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Tyrant guards do not count towards the number of wounds of a hive tyrant when you determine if it can be mutated with things like exceptional size or acid blood. You're right, in this case your opponent may not have more than four species in his hive fleet. There is no way around this.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks that is what i had thought, but i have seen so many people do it even at like games days.... not unless they are using some house rule that all guants are the same species...but that would be stupid and over powerd. oh well

thanks

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we talking about Biomorphs like Wings (and your title) or Mutations like Hive Node or Extrodinary Size?

They are two separate bonuses you can give to a Tyranid and different rules govern each one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no it was a type-o i mean mutants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are mutants and there are mutable genus creatures.
    mutants are the ones where you count up wounds and species.
    mutable genus creatures are totally different species so every creature within the unit is the same mutant.
    so basically mutants are unique creatures in a species, mutable genus are a unique species all together.

A hive tyrant is a mutable genus so it doesnt matter, but when you want it to be a mutable genus mutant lol pretty confusing... then you count up wounds, thats why exceptional sized hive tyrants are very rare because the army would have to be
    1 hive tyrant,
    3 other species

So that guy you saw who wast counting a hive tyrant with 7 strength, 7 toughness i suppose with exceptional size was cheating if he had 4 or more other species.
    But you can get away with mutants in guant species, in warriors, maybe a few extra acid blood species if your opponent doesnt know about tyranid rules, but cheating with a hive tyrant is pretty damn obvious.

Closed Thread