My Cool Warp Spider Craftworld - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the colors are: bleached bone, yellow, codex gray, midnight purple

The carftworld army list: ALATOIC

instead of Rangers and pathfinders there are Warp spiders and Warp Masters ( any suggestions for the name, feel free.)

Warp Masters

WS 5/ BS 5/ S 5/ T 6/ I 5/ Ld 10/ A 2/ Sv 3+ 40 pts

Wargear - Warp Spider Jump Generator, Eltectro Gun ( see below ) , Power blades

Master Warpers - the warp masters are masters of the warp. When the take there warp jump, they and they squad dont suffer casualties form double rolls. Also, they roll D3 instead of D2 roll.

Master Shooters - Because they are so much better at useing there Electro Gun they have the following profile: range 24" S 6 AP 3 Assult 3. The Elctro Gun uses the warps power to kill off there enemies.

Squad leader - Warp masters may use any upgrades of the exarch but it does cost the same amout as the powers that are listed there. Also whenever the Warp Masters want to get in to close combat, they get to charge 12" instead of 6", if they pay 15+ pnts for this power

The Disruption table works the same.

<span style='color:red'>The Deamons are always taking over land that was once ours, the Deamon hunters MUST stop them before it is to late. To much Bloodshed over this cause to much death, THE TERMINATORS MUST DEFEND THE IMPERIAL&#33; FIGHT FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD&#33;&#33;&#33;FIGHT FOR YOUR LIVES MEN, KILL THOSE BASTERDS&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>DH/GK 2/0/0
    Eldar 3/1/1</span>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone have an opinion on this craftworld.
    <span style='color:red'>The Deamons are always taking over land that was once ours, the Deamon hunters MUST stop them before it is to late. To much Bloodshed over this cause to much death, THE TERMINATORS MUST DEFEND THE IMPERIAL&#33; FIGHT FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD&#33;&#33;&#33;FIGHT FOR YOUR LIVES MEN, KILL THOSE BASTERDS&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

<span style='color:gray'>DH/GK 2/0/0
    Eldar 3/1/1</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disruption rolls, plus insanely powerful troops?

5 points more than Wraithguard for a stat-line that will put 90% of elite and HQ choices in the game to shame? And 24" S6 AP3 Assault 3? Guardians spend 50 points to get a starcannon with similar capabilities, but are less mobile, less accurate and a lot more vulnerable.

Scale things back a lot, and you&#39;ll have something that&#39;s probably still too tough, but perhaps worth fielding and playing against just for the fun of it.

As it stands, this isn&#39;t even remotely balanced. If you are serious about developing this idea as a legitimate craftworld, take a genuine, objective look at the capabilities your Warp Masters really need -- not what you&#39;d like them to have because you&#39;d like to think of them as Eldar Godbeings. Their stat line should be worse than a Phoenix Lord&#39;s. On par with an Exarch could be acceptable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The craftworld needs a name&#33;

When you say about the colours, could you explain which colour goes where? i&#39;m confuzzled ...
    FROM THE BOOK OF THE IMPERIUM:

1. Thou shalt not go on a panty raid in the Adaptus Soritus temple.
    2. Thou shalt not flirt with Howling Banshees. They are the enemy.
    3. Thou shalt not refer to Battle Sisters as Bolter Biatches
    4. Darth Vader isn’t the son of Abaddon
    5. Thou shalt not reassemble a Necron into a washing machine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

toughness 6 and strength 5 is a little too good, why would these people be pretty much as good as an avatar. And moving 12" into combat is way too good...
    Thats acoss the battle field in 1 turn.... and then 5 WS 5 strength 5 power weapon attacks....and an assault gun thats as good as a star cannon....
    Hmm....
    Maybe 200pts for one of them as an HQ with an inv. save...
    But for a special troops, i would say warp spiders but with no dieing in the warp and maybe 24" assault weapons but with no ap. At 35 points at the most...
    Well those are my pointless ramblings on the subject anyway....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I could live with a AP4 gun But the increased stats are a bit 2 good I agree.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SA_taralekomus@Dec 12 2004, 184
    Master Warpers - the warp masters are masters of the warp. When the take there warp jump, they and they squad dont suffer casualties form double rolls. Also, they roll D3 instead of D2 roll.

Master Shooters - Because they are so much better at useing there Electro Gun they have the following profile: range 24" S 6 AP 3 Assult 3. The Elctro Gun uses the warps power to kill off there enemies.

Squad leader - Warp masters may use any upgrades of the exarch but it does cost the same amout as the powers that are listed there. Also whenever the Warp Masters want to get in to close combat, they get to charge 12" instead of 6", if they pay 15+ pnts for this power
    [snapback]273591[/snapback]
    Master Warpers:
    You might take a look at the unofficial harlequins list as many IC can have Phase Fields which allow warping at 3D6 inches, no Warp danger. Check the cost of that War Gear and kind of add it to a Warp Spider.

Master Shooters:
    If someone is a master at shooting a specific weapon, that weapon stats should remain the same, I would increse the BS value only.
    Could the Crack Shot or Quick Shot Exarch powers fill in the gap?

Warp Masters:
    As the unit leader will be able to charge 12", the rest of the squad won&#39;t. Not good.

I don&#39;t have Warp Spiders in my army, so my knowledge about them is kinda limited.

A Warp Spider craftworld sounds a lot like a Biel-Tan army, based on Warp Spiders as Troops.

Such a craftworld would probably have an Elite choice of your uber-Warp Spiders, but not as Troops. And maybe a Spider-esque HQ or Character would also be nice.

My 2 cents.
    "Rolling sixes with a Wraithcannon. Priceless."
    - Craftworld Eldar Iyanden, 2000pts
    - Space Marines Dark Angels, 2000pts
    - Dark Eldar, 2000pts
    - Chaos Death Guard, 2000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is midnight purple even a colour...?
    i have midnight blue...
    Well those are my pointless ramblings on the subject anyway....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno but I like the painting sheme they got atm and thats the colour red. I didnt like the Dark reapers colour scheme so I painted them blue may sounds strange but they look good.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

+ Reply to Thread