New To Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New To Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend says to give your shas'o a plasma rifle and missle pod but i figured that a missle pod was only good for taking out people with bad armour saves and generally people with bad armour saves are in high numbers so i thought for it's points a burst cannon might prove more effective. Can u help me out which should i use.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do neither, My friend....

Do All.

What you need to do, for Aun's sake, DONT glue anything to your model.

Just below the Image that says "T A U" in my sig, there is a link to a Magnetic Mounting guide, Click on it, Alternitively, at the top of the Tau Forum, the same article is pinned for you to read

Until you can get magnets, use blue-tac / sticky tac.

Trust me, The best configuration, is the ability to have ALL configurations.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missle pods give you two shots out to 36" which is awesome and they have enough str to damage light vehicles.

Plasma rifles hurt termies and a lot of other things real bad.

These are your stand bys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Prometheus said, the advantage of the missile pod is not for killing troops (although it can do this as well), but rather for killing transports and light vehicles.
    Mechanized Tau Tactica - A forum for the discussion of tactics relavant to Mech Tau armies.

The Guide to Mech Tau - An in-depth study of the strategies for running a Mech Tau army.

Game Geeks - A weekly video game talk show that I co-host. If you like video games, give it a listen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless your playin tyrinads or ig DON'T TAKE THE BURST CANNON!!! Also, don't take a flamer.
    Tau'n Expeditionary force:
    W/L/T
    Marines:4/1/1
    IG:2/0/0
    Chaos:1/1/0

Iron Warriors:
    W/L/T
    Marines:3/0/1
    IG:0/0/1
    Tau:0/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For that matter, before equipping the Crisis Suit, ask yourself what is this thing going to be tasked with taking out?
    The burst cannon gets three shots that only ignore armor saves on weak infantry, combined with the missile pod and a multi-tracker you'll get five shots, 2 36in 3 18in. You just spent roughly 60 points for 5 shots. A better way of looking at that is you can get six firewarriors with a little more firepower and range, or two stealth suits with more firepower, the same mobility, and a little less range. Each of those units is suited to taking out light infantry, which you're gunning for.
    The crisis suit is a big points investment to be doing the same job that firewarriors or stealth suits could probably do better. Rather, stick with plasma rifles and missile pods, and the occasional fusion blaster. Then use your crisis suits to take out the tougher stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, missle pods are good all around, there the longst ranged weapon the crisis has.
    Tau'n Expeditionary force:
    W/L/T
    Marines:4/1/1
    IG:2/0/0
    Chaos:1/1/0

Iron Warriors:
    W/L/T
    Marines:3/0/1
    IG:0/0/1
    Tau:0/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Crisis suit is supposed to be versatile, if you glue the weapons on then it no longer is, so follow the afforementioned advice
    W/D/L
    Tau - Knights of the Frozen Wastes
    10/2/4

Necrons - The Phalanx of Gleaming Death
    2/0/0

CSM - Iron Warriors
    Coming Soon

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone said something about fusion blasters. Aren't they good at destroying vehicles? I thought that since the Tau have the best anti-tank weaponry (broadside, hammerhead etc) u wouldn't need many fusion blasters only for occasionally instant killing SM commanders and other multiple wound things. I was just going to have a two bodyguards one with TL plasma rifle and the other with TL fusion blaster and leave my commander with Plasma, missle pod (thats what i have decided to mainly use but i still will use blu-tac) multi-tracker and hardwired shield generator. Also is it worthwhile giving all crisis shield generators or not because they are quite expensive.

Thanks for the tips so far

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night I went vs IG, so I put one crisis suit with TW fusion blasters and a flamer. The idea being to deep strike him, take out a tank with him if my railgun was otherwise occupied/destroyed, or use the flamer if I didn't need him to take out a tank. But we rolled alpha, so he didn't get to deepstrike, and got blown up trying to advance withing range on a tank. AH,well, it was worth a shot, and he was only 66 points vs 140 pt tank. If he had deepstruck he woulda killed it and it would've been awesome.

+ Reply to Thread