Firewarriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Firewarriors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have decided, after many years of using marines, to get a Tau army.
    As I have had no previous experience of Tau I would like to ask a few questions about the Firewarriors.

Marine squads can take special weapon upgrades ( flamer, melta, plasma) do Firewarrior squads get any kind of weapon options, can they take any special weapons?

If not do you only have the broadsides and crisis suits to deal with enemy armour?

Does the firewarrior transport have any anti-tank weapons? If it has is it best to use it in this role?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Nope, no special weapons. Most people who switch to Tau after playing Marines (or any other army really) strongly dislike this. Youl'll get used to it though, it's not so bad... it's just one more thing that makes Tau different from the rest of the 40k universe. And c'mon, they've all got S5 weapons, do you really need more than that?!

2. Yes, and Hammerheads, Seeker missiles (similar to Hunter-killer). Also, infantry can take EMP grenades which are useful against armor. Also, because everything Tau has at least S5, essentially ALL our guns are useful against rear armor, which makes deep striking gun drones and Stealth Suits also good against armor in a pinch.

3. No, the Devilfish isn't like a Razorback. It's a great transport, and is equipped with a gun that is very complimentary to the weapons of the troops it's transporting... since the Firewarriors serve an anti-infantry role, the gun on the Devilfish also is an anti-infantry weapon.
    Mechanized Tau Tactica - A forum for the discussion of tactics relavant to Mech Tau armies.

The Guide to Mech Tau - An in-depth study of the strategies for running a Mech Tau army.

Game Geeks - A weekly video game talk show that I co-host. If you like video games, give it a listen!

candyland, neverland, wonderland...(california)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, but it can take seeker missiles, very useful vs. tanks
    When I kick KHORNE'S butt I stick the remains on a KOB and eat them...

Oh man my signature sucks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by KhorneOnTheKob20@Dec 16 2004, 004
    yes, but it can take seeker missiles, very useful vs. tanks
    [snapback]277190[/snapback]
    True, but unless you take someone with a markerlight, seeker missile are useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you could count the pulse carbin as a special weapon, or at least consider it a weapon option.
    Tau'n Expeditionary force:
    W/L/T
    Marines:4/1/1
    IG:2/0/0
    Chaos:1/1/0

Iron Warriors:
    W/L/T
    Marines:3/0/1
    IG:0/0/1
    Tau:0/1/0

+ Reply to Thread