Scarabs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scarabs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, you have a tomb spyder making scarab swarms. When it makes them do they come out with a Disruption Field?

Win/Lose/Draw
    Necrons: RETIRED
    Harlequins: RETIRED

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since it says nothing about them coming with upgrades, I believe it is the regular average joe scarab that pops out of the tomb spyder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, no fields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u don't need the d-fields. The tomb spyder will get 2d6 penetration and 3 attacks.

The point of the scarabs is as a meat shield. The scarabs absorb CC and shooting wounds while the tomb spider does its thing.

Justin
    Wednesday nights at GW (Ontario Mills in Ontario, CA)
    W/L/T
    14/3/0

Latest Victims
    4-7-05 - SoB 1200, S&D Omega, Opponent was new.
    4-7-05 - ME! Chris beats me again with his space wolves (he is a good palyer without his eldar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can they still function as meat shields, even though the spyders are monstrous creatures and can be targetted directly?

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Originally posted by Oneiros@Dec 17 2004, 06:42
    Can they still function as meat shields, even though the spyders are monstrous creatures and can be targetted directly?
    [snapback]278529[/snapback]
    Due to the current wording of the rules, no, Spyders cannot be targeted when in a unit with scarabs they created.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sw33t! Ok that makes it all better. Thanks guys.
    Win/Lose/Draw
    Necrons: RETIRED
    Harlequins: RETIRED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't find anything in the BBB that says that something like a scarab can take shots for a spyder, in fact I find a lot that says the opposite. Spyders are Monstrous Creatures (Large Targets), and you can choose to fire at a Large Target even if there's a closer unit. While I am willing to entertain the idea that scarabs would take hits in CC first due to the "Majority" rule, I don't think an itty-bitty scarab could take a lascannon shot meant for a Tomb Spyder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is another topic that has a hot discussion about wether you can target a TS or not... But fluff wise, I have no trouble picturing a huge TS who is obscured in a swarm of lots and lots of scarabs. Some flying, others crawling over the TS and taking fire for the TS. Only to be build back tobether again
    - Resistance is Futile -

- I'm not a Nerd! I'm a 13th level Paladin -

- Jesus saves ..... and takes half damage -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Oneiros@Dec 19 2004, 02:23
    I can't find anything in the BBB that says that something like a scarab can take shots for a spyder, in fact I find a lot that says the opposite. Spyders are Monstrous Creatures (Large Targets), and you can choose to fire at a Large Target even if there's a closer unit. While I am willing to entertain the idea that scarabs would take hits in CC first due to the "Majority" rule, I don't think an itty-bitty scarab could take a lascannon shot meant for a Tomb Spyder.
    [snapback]279824[/snapback]
    Actually, what that rule actually implies is that if there's a unit close to you, and there's a Monstrous Creature further away, you can choose to fire at the MC instead. It doesn't say anything about singling out Monstrous Creatures in a unit. If a Monstrous Creature that isn't a character is part of a unit (f.e. Tomb Spyders and Scarab Swarms), that unit will take hits/wounds as a whole. There is no way you can single out a MC, since this isn't stated in the BBB.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast