Can Sum1 Help Me - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two of my friends play eldar and have simmilar armys and i was wondering if anyone knows a weak point i can base my SM's on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its really hard to say what in particular beats eldar as unlike many armies I can tool a list to do just about anything better then any other army. I can make an army that out ranges tau. I can make an army faster then a Dark eldar army. I can make an army more durable then space marines. theres just so much variety in the eldar list Id have to know what the lists you were playing against. A description of what they use would be very helpful.

I will try to give you some general tips against many specifics units and problems Smurfs run into.

Wraithlord - ignore them for the first little while. they'll probably be equiped with a bright lance and will make pot shots at incoming vehicles. as they are so slow they probably will be left behind or will slow the rest of the eldar army down with it. An eldar player just loves it when you get flustered and put way too many laz cannon shots into it and ignore is transports about to drop that squad of elite power weapon wielding elf chics with PMS right next to your command squad. the only time you want to pay attention to the wraithlord is when your getting closer to the eldar front lines and he has a chance of counter assulting you. they dont usually win assults by themselves but deffinatly tip the scales in the eldars favor when assulting multiple units.

whirlwinds hurt as eldar have no decent indirect fire weapons.

watch out for units/squads with star cannons they kill marines of all types. try to use cover to allow at least some save against them or stay out of LOS.

heavy bolters will ignore most eldar armor so Id suggest using those instead of the plasma weapons that Smurfs normally load up on.

other then that ill need more info. and everything I said could conceivable not apply to the people your playing with so ya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-2 phinex lords(karandras and asuruman)

-3 jet bikes

-falcon

-howling banches

-striking scorps

-dark reapers

-warp spiders

-viper

-wriath lord

-rangers

gardiains(human shields)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the whirlwind would be good.
    for the wraithlord, you can try using snipers.
    starcannons would cause you problems. missile launcher might help you on that.
    i suggest you take more marines then usual. because their bolters are actually sufficent to take out most eldar infantry. you could upgrade some to take heavy bolters, or missile launchers.

+ Reply to Thread