Wyches?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wyches?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just bought the dark eldar codex and i've just noticed that wyches get a 4+ dodge save in cc. i knew they had some sort of invulnerable save in cc but a 4+? thats unreal. how do harlequins have no invulnerable save at all? despite the fact they're supposed to be better in cc (fluffwise)... damn GW, why is there no proper codex?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because there never was a actual legal codex for the harlequins. And wyches only got it with the codex updates. But hey wyches were really crap before with only a 6+ save meaning they would get shot down or chopped down. Gw did this to get more variation in dark eldar armies (that doesnt make sense because all the armies take the best units duh)

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think harlequins should definatley get that save, its fair. I hate it when I rool poorly and then the enemy outnumbers me and I automatically take wounds, without the save taht means i automatically take a couple deaths. Its even worse with the solitare...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by BFTrick@Jan 3 2005, 03:27
    I think harlequins should definatley get that save, its fair. I hate it when I rool poorly and then the enemy outnumbers me and I automatically take wounds, without the save taht means i automatically take a couple deaths. Its even worse with the solitare...
    [snapback]291695[/snapback]
    There was indeed a proper army list but it was in versions 1 and 2. Sadly long gone.
    'I am not surrounded, I am in a target rich environment' - Solitaire's Creed

---------------------------
    For all things harlequin
    <a href='http://www.harlies.org.uk' target='_blank'>http://www.harlies.org.uk</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a dodge save of 5+ is enougth, as holo-fields make them harder to hit in combat anyway...

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

I&#39;m with Incoherence. A 5+ dodge might be ok. Harlequins are not big on defense and resilience though, and rely on lightning strikes, so it&#39;s all the more reason to take Hallucination grenades to make sure they dont get whooped by being outnumbered.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speaking of which, exactly how do they work? it says the ratio of combatants is shifted one grade. does this mean that if say the harlies were outnumbered 2:1 it changes to 1:1 and if they were numbered 1:1 does it shift to the harlies outnumbering the enemy by 2:1?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a question, but given the effect of tanglefoot grenades. Doesn&#39;t that mean if they loose the combat, the harlequins could just fall back as the enemy is only allowed to consolidate, and not sweeping advance?
    USMC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, Harlequins can fall back 2d6 as normal, but the enemy may only move up to 3&#39;&#39;.

In another note, I may have misread an earlier post by Incoherence where he stated "holo-suits make them harder to hit in CC. . ." I thought that the "cover" save only allowed them to strike first in CC, however, as I play Tau, I am not too familiar with the Assault Rules.
    Begone! This is not for your brains.

When Lost Nemisis says something, it pays to listen...
    And to think, if it weren't for me, he may not even be playing Tau.

54\/3 73h 1337! h4x0rz 0f 73h \/\/0r1d un173!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Originally posted by Schwartzhell@Feb 4 2005, 15:14
    Indeed, Harlequins can fall back 2d6 as normal, but the enemy may only move up to 3&#39;&#39;.

In another note, I may have misread an earlier post by Incoherence where he stated "holo-suits make them harder to hit in CC. . ." I thought that the "cover" save only allowed them to strike first in CC, however, as I play Tau, I am not too familiar with the Assault Rules.
    [snapback]320948[/snapback]
    Holo-suits make the opponent halve their WS, just like Wyches&#39; Wych Weapons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast