Best Tactics Against Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My firen was going to use Imperial gaurd against me, and I've seen his Imperial Gaurd army and I know I was going to kick his tail.lol

But the little weasel changed his mind and is now using his Eldar. I havn't seen his Eldar army, but my friend told me that he has a full Eldar army. Are there any thigns I should be looking for at this battle that he may use??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lots of firepower: immortels, lots of warriors so he has to kill many of them ot get you fase out, heavy destroyers an destroyers
    and scarbs for the assault they kick ass
    if youuse this you don't have to worry a thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use to be an Eldar player so perhaps I can give you some things I used to do...

First off watch out for the Grav tank. My favorite tactic was keep a small fire dragon team inside and gunning it towards the enemies zone ( max 24 " a turn of movement ). FD are painful, plus the grav tank has awsome weaponary ( D3 shots from a pulse laser plus another heavy weapon...plus twin Shuriken C. )

Second watch for huge squads of guardians. Again I would have a squad of 17 guardians plus a warlock ( giving a 5+ I save with conceal ) and a weapon squad containing a star cannon ( s6 ap2 ). Thing being they just sit there while you try to destroy the whole squad, to get the heavy weapon. For this I would use a full squad of destroyers...

Then there are warwalkers, dark reapers and rangers which posses weapons that can keep you from getting a wwb roll ( rangers on a roll of 6 get ap1 ). So you definitly have to be careful as most Eldar weapons will ignore your WWb roll, perhaps take a tomb spider or two.

I've never had to take on an Eldar opponent fielding a wraithlord with my Necron yet, so im not sure how they would fare, although considering every weapon wounds on a 6 no matter, a squad of warriors should be good...but be careful, my wraithlord is always the player of the game as he can beat anyone in hth or shooting.

Your going to be at a huge speed disadvantage so make sure to take lots of destroyers..
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shoot his balls af

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play against the Eldar frequently:

1) Ignore his Wraithlord early on. If you can't then tie it up with scarabs for a while. It's funny to hear the Eldar player whinig about not getting to shoot with his nice weaponry. If you really need to bring it down, pound it with heavy destroyer fire.
    2) Wreck his vehicles first. Once his mobility is gone and his panzy little wussie guardians are out in the open they fall like flies.
    3) Once his little panzy infantry are in the open suck their atoms away with plenty of Gauss shots.
    4) If he has Dark Reapers, use a VOD to warp a squad of immortals next to them and disintegrate them before they can use their HW.
    5) Eldar fear the Monolith, though I have yet to use one against him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how will a avatar of khaine fare against a necron army generally?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

terrible...while it footslogs into cc.. it will be pumped full of destroyer fire...a 5+ save isn't very good

Closed Thread