Lots Of Tmcs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lots Of Tmcs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

I want to include lots of TMC's in my custom Hive Fleet, however I don't want a 'beardy/cheesy' list. I also don't want to just have, maybe 2 tyrants and 2 fexs thenfill up with Gaunts, however, if I don't do that, I'm worried I wont have enough room for effective units. Anyone got any help, or any templates for my list?

Thanks for your help.

You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not cheesy......IMO it wont be effective in the least. Its impossible to make a cheesy nid list, all you will end up doing is losing all your battles. Anywho, some useful tips for TMCs:

-dont send them up against HQs, you will be eaten. TMCs are at their best against expensive troops (once killed 30 guys with my hive tyrant). Guants are your best bet against HQs, as you will have perhaps 4 attacks for each 1 they have.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Once the game passes 750pts, 1 TMC per 500pts of list is a pretty good ratio...

IMO games smaller than 750pts should be restricted to Patrol rules (except the points cost, obviously).

What to field depends a bit on what You want... The Tyrant is the most versatile TMC, whereas the Carnifex as the strongest is well utilized for anti-heavy vehicle (AV13-14) when equipped with VCannons, and of course deals well with lighter vehicles (though Warrior and Tyrant VCs would be slightly more cost-effective against AV10-12).

Two winged Tyrants are often called cheesy because of their rapid movement which results in rapid CC engagement, where most normal troops will be shredded quickly... You might consider a winged and a walking Tyrant to even things out a bit.

Of course, there are armies which can deal quickly with even two winged Tyrants, and thus there are situations where even two of them definitely aren't cheesy... Then again, they might not be that effective either. It all depends on the opponent and what they're fielding.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

+ Reply to Thread