Noob Here! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Noob Here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys:

I need some help here. I know all of your have heard many people say this before, but I am starting a Necron Army and need some help. I've browsed through several forums scavenging scraps of useful information to help and make my army. I'm not really that new to the game, just new to the Nercons .

1500 Point Army

Basically, I'm going to have two lords:

1) Necron Lord w/ Staff of Light (HQ+Elites)
    Wargear: Veil of Darkness, Resurrection Orb
    Accompanied By: 8 Immortals (8 instead of 10 due to point restriction)
    Total Point Cost: 424

Yes, this is the classic "cheesy" Necron strat, where the Lord teleports behind heavy support squadrons and rip them apart with the gauss blasters.

2) Necron Lord w/ WarScythe (HQ+Fast Attack)
    Wargear: Destroyer Body, Phase Shifter, Resurrection Orb
    Accompanied By: 3 Wraiths
    Total Point Cost: 333

This squad's sole purpose is to rip apart units with *****ing-off Armour Saves. Where I live, the Space Marines are extremely popular, and thus I'm really thinking of using this squad as Termie Hunters . Mobility + great CC capability

My Troops:
    11 Necron Warriors
    11 Necron Warriors
    Total Cost: 396

I'm new to Nercons and I don't have enough money to playtest yet so I'm not really a big fan of massing warriors. To be honest, these guys are simply here to fufill the troop requirements. Can someone tell me how Warriors are used in a game? How can they possibly be very useful in my army? Can they be used as meatshields for the destroyers?

Shooters:
    3 Destroyers
    2 Heavy Destroyers
    Total Cost: 280

The Destroyers sound very promising on paper. Their weapons sound awfully nice, excellent for hunting Space Marines. Do I need more? If yes, what should I take out?

Loner:
    1 Tomb Spyder
    Total Cost: 55

A very simple purpose: linger around the Necron troop/destroyer body and help out by using its extremely useful artificer ability. I actually took out one Heavy Destroyer to add this in. Was that a wise decision?

ARMY POINT COST: 1488
    Total Models: 40

Main Strategy- If you have read until this point, I think you can see my main plan. I have my Lord with Veil of Darkness teleporting around with the Immortals harassing fragile heavy support squads. My other Lord, with his invunerable save and his 3 Wraiths go out and rip apart Termie/Resillient Squads (not the bulk of the enemy army) with their many attacks and the Lord's WarScythe. Now one question- am I risking my Lord like this, despite his Resurrection Orb, Destroyer Body and Phase Shifter? Thanks.

Meanwhile, (I think this is possible), I'll have my two troops squads supporting the destroyers, shooting down the enemy's main bulk of troops. The Heavy Destroyers can target tanks/termies whilst the Destroyers just kick ass with their Heavy D3 attacks. This force is also supported by a nice little Tomb Spyder.

Questions- Is there any flaw in my strategy? (Keep it mind this will be used against Space Wolves, Black Templars, Blood Angels etc.)

Is it dangerous to play with 40 models (Phase Out)?

Do I need more troops?

And also, any other questions you've picked up from above. Thanks alot guys- you're helping me alot!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's not too bad to have only 40 models, but you're gonna get dissed by everyone you meet. Even I think your two lords are cheesy, and I play Necrons. However, you miss an important point- Warriors are there to contribute to Phase Out totals. Plus, as a basic troop they are totally nucking futs. Auto-glance on a 6? 18 points a pop? Thank you, come again!
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<_< ...I guess
    -1 Immortal
    (7 too little?)
    -2 Heavy Destroyers (Heavy 3 6/4 is actually better than Heavy 9/2)
    -1 Tomb Spyder (I figrued with the extra destroyers and warriors I should be able to shoot everything down before they come. Remember: where I live no one plays rids&#39

+2 Destroyers (These are really yummy)
    +6 Warriors (2x 14 Necron Warriors)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOur strategy sounds fine to me(I don&#39;t really know anything about Space Marines though), but I will tell you that the Gauss Flayers(the one&#39;s regular troops have), have the best AP. They have AP 5, while everything else has AP 4 or less. Now I may ahve misunderstood somehting about hitting/destroying a tank but wouldn&#39;t the Gauss Flayer be better then Gauss Blaster&#39;s?(Gauss Blaster&#39;s have AP 4)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lower armor piercing is better&#33; See, if the armor piercing amount is equal or less than the amount the person has to roll to get an armor save, the save is negated. Like, if something like a Nid has armor save +5, a Flayer (AP5) would pierce it. But if the save was +4, it wouldn&#39;t be pierced and the target would still get to roll equal to or higher than a 4 to not take a wound. Get it now? Lower is better&#33; Chant with me&#33; Lower is better&#33; Lower is better&#33;

PS I&#39;m not yelling, just excited&#33;
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak&#33; Tak&#33; Tak ah wan, Tak a lah&#33;
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank goodness you told me that, I planned on unloading on his tanks with all my warriors.lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

when attacking tanks with gauss weapons you will auto glance on a 6 when rolling "to wound" rolls. so unloading your warriors on a tank is extremely nice if you have 12 warriors aprox. 8 warriors will hit and aprox. 2.5 warriors will get a glancing hit. and with some luck you will roll a 6 with 2-3 dices. and that will destroy the tank. always remember necrons are the ultimate tank killers. even scarabs with S3 can kill the strongest tank (if you give them a disruption field that is).
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Closed Thread