Nids V Khorne Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone,

I'm playing in a league with several different armies, but i will soon face 750 points of chaos khorne (based around a demon prince and two tac squads) and will be using 16 hormaguants, 16 termas, 12 gstealers, 3 warriors as hq, 3 swarms and 1 carni with barbed strangler. Any advice would be much appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Llews.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the Daemon Prince use the Warriors (Rending Claws/Scything Talons) and Genestealers to take him out. Barbed Strangler's would work well as you'll hit more of his men. Finally, I suggest taking out the Termagaunts and adding some more Hormagaunts, as you'll mostly be seeing combat, so you'll want to get speed and more attacks. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If its not Combat Patrol rules, aka 40k in a flash, then replace warriors with HT.

Never take a Barbed Strangler. Might replace Carnifex altogether with more troops.

Wouldn't bother with Ripper Swarms, but they can be ok in small point games.

A single Lictor can tear it up.

If playing with the 40k in a flash/combat patrol rules, then you'll need more warriors. 6 would be a good number, ST/RC/leaping.

hotspike18

Because his chainswords bring down all armor saves to 4+ unless they are worse, I would recommend out swamping him wiht many gaunts, if you do bring a TMC, only attack weakened units or units you can kill in one round, ie, maybe 3 or 4 strong. Of course, you can get around this by keeping just 2" away from any base contact.
    p.s. This is my assumption, I don't have the new rulebook, this could be inaccurate information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Welcome to the Swarm!

Warriors: You do not have a Tyrant? If You do, consider dropping Warriors and Carnifex and take the Tyrant instead. Extra points used to ensure enough Hormagaunts are fielded.

Otherwise, are these shooty or CC Warriors? What biomorphs? Please only list the name (like ToxSac, ExtCar), there is no need for specific points or effects to be detailed.

Hormagaunts: Solid, though I'd try to field another brood of these. Hive Node?

Termagaunts: Have You considered taking Spinegaunts instead? Gaunt shooting sucks, thus most of us choose the cheapest sucker.

'Stealers: I'd shave to 10, so as to take more Hormas. The 'Stealers will need the Hormas to engage in CC, which will block LOS to the majority of models and allow the 'Stealers (and Warriors) to get closer without getting shot at as much.

Carnifex: Barbed Strangler... Not worth it IMO.

1. Assault weapon with Large Blast (/Ord Blast), not Ordnance weapon!
    2. Instant Death does not negate Armour saves!
    3. 4thEd rules for AP- weapons make it less effective against vehicles
    4. 4thEd rules regarding blast placement make it possible for the opponent to heavily decrease amount of casualties taken by spacing his models out even a bit

For anti-vehicle HS, 'Fex w/VCannons.

For anti-infantry HS, Biovores.

As I already said, I'd suggest dropping at least the Carnifex, and take a Tyrant instead. The Tyrant is more versatile while being as resilient, making it the preferable choice for games this small.

Also, the Tyrant is generally better than the 'Fex in CC... Though the Daemon Prince can be an exceedingly nasty piece of work. 2 points which apply whether You take Your Tyrant walking or winged:

1. Warp Blast will kill the CSM. The enhanced WBlast can Insta-Kill the DP, unless it has Wargear that prevents Instant Death (Khorne has something to the effect).

2. Implant Attacks. These will prove very useful in killing the DP.

Avoid DP until You've dealt with the rest. If You can't avoid, charge to get the extra attacks... Especially important since it's more than likely that the Khorne DP will get additional bonuses if it gets the charge, so better to not allow it to charge!

EDIT: Didn't notice the Ripper Swarms... I would drop those and field more Hormas. =)
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Sexy land, for only the coolest of people
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you may want at least one or two hive nodes even at this low of a point game just because with only a Hive tyrant or even three warriors they will probubly die and if not, not be inrange of deffinatley any of those darn hormagaunts or anything with fleet of claws, even with the hive tyrant w/ wings it will probubly eventually die or merciously kill everything **heh** but then the things in back will be without synapse also lastly i put all that down on army builder and noticed that if you had exactly 750 points your fex had scything talons with it and your warriors were mutable CC so anyway listen to their advice and also if you really want all that then so be it but if you get rid of the barbed strangler add venom cannon, and extended carapace, and get rid of the ripper swarms then you got 10 points left and you can add a hormagaunt or if the barbed strangler is better for you since you dont want the vecom cannon to destroy the daemon prince and need something better to destroy troops but dont want to biovores then get rid of the termagaunts and add 20 spinegaunts and add extended carapace on the fex and there you go 748 points

i hope that helps ^_^
    "God works in mysterious ways."
    "Everything happens for a reason."

I actually have a slug living in YOU, right now...

Slowly will start playing: Iyanden, and Chaos.

Sexy land, for only the coolest of people
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you may want at least one or two hive nodes even at this low of a point game just because with only a Hive tyrant or even three warriors they will probubly die and if not, not be inrange of deffinatley any of those darn hormagaunts or anything with fleet of claws, even with the hive tyrant w/ wings it will probubly eventually die or merciously kill everything **heh** but then the things in back will be without synapse also lastly i put all that down on army builder and noticed that if you had exactly 750 points your fex had scything talons with it and your warriors were mutable CC so anyway listen to their advice and also if you really want all that then so be it but if you get rid of the barbed strangler add venom cannon, and extended carapace, and get rid of the ripper swarms then you got 10 points left and you can add a hormagaunt or if the barbed strangler is better for you since you dont want the vecom cannon to destroy the daemon prince and need something better to destroy troops but dont want to biovores then get rid of the termagaunts and add 20 spinegaunts and add extended carapace on the fex and there you go 748 points

i hope that helpsĀ* Ā* ^_^

Originally posted by Exterminatus-Squeebie@Dec 20 2004, 06:22
    For the Daemon Prince use the Warriors (Rending Claws/Scything Talons) and Genestealers to take him out. Barbed Strangler's would work well as you'll hit more of his men. Finally, I suggest taking out the Termagaunts and adding some more Hormagaunts, as you'll mostly be seeing combat, so you'll want to get speed and more attacks. Good luck.
    [snapback]280942[/snapback]
    i'm pretty sure after making a gooood guess on what the army would look like he already has rending on the warriors but your right thats exactly what he needs
    "God works in mysterious ways."
    "Everything happens for a reason."

I actually have a slug living in YOU, right now...

Slowly will start playing: Iyanden, and Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone, unfortunately that is my entire collection which I listed, but know I know which way to build my force. Additionally My warriors have one set of rending claws and two scythig talons, and assorted ranged weapons including a venom cannon. Also the games are plaed on a 36 inch square board with 6 inch deployment.

Thanks again,

Llews

+ Reply to Thread