The Tau That Couldn't Hit - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should Non-HQ tau XV suits put up with low BS 3

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes they should

40 34.48%
  • No they shouldn't

59 50.86%
  • Only some should

17 14.66%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to know what you guys think about such an average BS for a army that should be one of the most shootiest in 40K

Thanks

Oshovah is very mad DEATH TO THE HERRITICS!!!!!!!! AUNSHI RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not me that scares you, its your inability to accept differences

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imo BS 3 is enouph, we got the best weapons in the game so any shots that do hit will do a lot of dammage.
    if they made any more modelas BS4 then they would cost to much and HQ's would not bee as useful.
    life is an icecream and you just have to lick it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Shas'vre upgrades should have a WS of 4.

They really dont get anything useful to them for that +10 points, besides access to the armoury.

But, certainly not basic XV's. They get 2 Attacks with a MT, and Broadsides can get 2 Attacks, both potencially being twin-linked... so, BS 3 seems appropriate for basic units.

But, yes, I think Shas'vre's should have it, i mean, Heck their average cost is about 65-70 points!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting now that I hear that and it's a good point we really don't need the extra BS just because the wonderful and splendid guns we have. Although the Shas'vre should have BS 4.
    Adapt or die: Live with it or die by it.

"Gork save our crazy green,
    keep all da Grot's obscene,
    Gork save da green,
    Give us stunties to kill,
    And uumie's blood ta spill,
    So we can smash and hii-iii-iit,
    'Til we see the true giiiiiiiiit."

Da stunties turn to flee,
    and fills dere boots wiv wee,
    when we charge in.
    Dere beards will turn to white,
    dere heroes filled wiv fright,
    Dem trousers smell of shiii-iii-iiite,
    and our Gork will griiiiiiin."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed. Tau do not need BS4... even the battlesuits. Our ready availability of twinlinked weapons laregely makes up for the low BS score. How many armies do you know of that can bring as many twinlinked weapons as the Tau?!
    Mechanized Tau Tactica - A forum for the discussion of tactics relavant to Mech Tau armies.

The Guide to Mech Tau - An in-depth study of the strategies for running a Mech Tau army.

Game Geeks - A weekly video game talk show that I co-host. If you like video games, give it a listen!

The Uncivil Servent Mikhail The Heretic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

I think if you gave them higher blastic skill they would just become too good espeacially with twin linked weapons so i reckon they should stay the same.

Horus betrayed the Emperor because the Emperor crushed his favorite puppy with his Land Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    It's all about real ultimate power redoing the forum skin in pink and plaid

Sexy land, for only the coolest of people
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dude the tau's amazing fire power wold be so ruthlessly terrible i would never play them if they made them better than they already are with ranged attacks i mean if we changed everything we didnt like on every team every team would become invincible and then we'd all want more!!!! if the nids didnt have all of their restrictions like shoot the big ones and were better in saves and stronger then the tau would never beat them and then if tau got better BS and better other stuff then they'd just kill them even more its a circle of change that would put games workshop into ruins no offence because tons of people say everythings wrong with every race but trust me they dont need better ballistic skills if anything
    "God works in mysterious ways."
    "Everything happens for a reason."

I actually have a slug living in YOU, right now...

Slowly will start playing: Iyanden, and Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, i agree with the fact the the shasvre should have BS of 4 and i understand why the rest shouldn't have it now. That leads me to another question, what is better? twin linked weapons or two weapons with a multi-tracker? :blink:
    Oshovah is very mad DEATH TO THE HERRITICS!!!!!!!! AUNSHI RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not me that scares you, its your inability to accept differences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had heard a good fluff reason for why the Tau BS is what it is. BS 3 is a representative BS for your average soldier that has been trained in warfare, but has will only fight for an average lifespan, such as tau and imperial guardsmen. A better BS, BS4, represents those that have honed their skills over the centuries, Necrons and Space Marines. Even though XV Suits are the cream of the crop for Tau, their combat experience just wont compare to those other individuals. So from a standpoint of fluff it makes sense. This from me after a long time decrying why in the world the shootiest army in the universe didnt invest in target practice.
    The Tau would be too powerful if they had a better BS, the higher strength of the weapons and the ability to twin link averages most of the kill ratios out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

Discussion moved…

This Topic has been dug up this old thread because of the discussions which occurred in the thread: Tau Fluffily Bringing It! In Cc.
    The discussions were about Tau and CC which became more of a discussion of BS after a while.

Now: Here are some reasons why Firewarriors shouldn’t be BS 4 units and Crisis and Brodsides should.

Space Marines are trained veterans, trained to the limit. They are the Elite soldiers of the Imperial Empire.
    Imperial Guardsmen is the real defenders of the Imperial Empire, they have the BS of any normally trained Warrior.
    Firewarriors are equally good as Guardsmen with the reason that they don’t train that much more than other basic troops.
    Termagaunts is something of a mystery, they have both WS and BS of three and belongs to a really good CC race.
    Imperial Conscripts, here is the BS 2 troops which is pushed into battle to protect the Imperium. These conscripts are NOT trained for battle, still they have a BS of 2.

These are just examples of different troops BS to show you Firewarriors don’t need higher BS. However those Shas’ui who reach enough experience to wear a Battlesuit should not have the same BS as Termagaunts. “That’s just wrong!�

Crisis suits fill a really important role in a Tau army, and the fact that they must function as a squad with that rank, skill and individual equipment which the Crisis wearers have is actually really unbalanced. They should definitely have BS 4 to represent that they are the Elite of Tau. I don’t care if you think that this makes them almost as good as the HQ role but if you take a good look at the ranks with a normal commander in a Space Marine army you will see that the difference shouldn’t be that big.
    Some people don’t like to use any Shas’o in their army even if it exceeds 1000 pts. This is where the Shas’o is needed, to maintain the balance of rank when filling the role of highest rank on the battlefield with the exception of any Ethereal. In battles B-low 1000 pts one should use the Shas’el to maintain the balance between Elite and HQ.

This is the Elite of the Tau army, they are definitely better shooters that normal Firewarriors. And the fact that we actually pay 30-40 pts for a normal unequipped Crisis suit is a really high cost, even for a Elite choice.

Something more that’s been poking me in the eye is that every time you use a Battlesuit (not Stealth suits) you have to pay 7 extra points for that Hard Wired Multitracker you need, If Crisis suits didn’t have that option they wouldn’t be played at all.
    Crisis and Brodside should have the HW-Multitracker for free. Any Crisis wearer who cannot fire to weapon systems per turn shouldn’t be in a Battlesuit. That’s where Stealth suits come in. Stealth suit warriors should be the phase before being getting the offer to wield the power of a Crisis suit.

Twin linked weapon systems is just the replacement for BS 4. Crisis suits is designed to wear 2 guns and a secondary system and another Hardwired.

If one must Twin link a weapon system to be sure to hit, then the TL option disables the wearer to maintain its total firing capability.

One should not have to Twin link a weapon on a Crisis suit. However, Brodsides use TL Railguns for maximum accuracy but should still be able to actually hit their targets themselves. When firing at a painted target the chances for missing it is less than 5%, That’s accuracy! But the Brodside should actually be able to hit their targets at BS 4. Brodsides function as “stationary vehicles� instead of tanks and if Battlesuits cannot get BS 4 then at least give the Brodsides the ability to purchase a Targeting Array.

And for last:
    I know some of you think that at least Shas’vre should have BS of 4 but consider this, If Shas’vre is so much better then that would make Crisis, Brodside and Stealth teams much more unbalanced than they really are.
    My solution: Give all Crisis and Brodside wearers BS 4, and a Multi tracker ability for an extra 10 pts per model to smooth things out.

I think that’s all folks, hope you enjoyed it.
    Remember remember the fifth of November... Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason... Should ever be forgot...
    - = Always watching = -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast