Dark Eldar Tourney Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am Going to a tournament later this month and i plan to use my Dark eldar, i have made up an army list and i would appericiate some critism

Hq
    Dark eldar Archon lord
    agoniser, combat drugs, haywire grenades, splinter pistol, plasma grenades, shawdow feild
    4 incubi with punishers
    5 warriors with 2 splinter cannons
    all on raider with dark lance

raider squad #1
    9 warriors with one splinter cannon
    1 sybriate with terrorfex, haywire grenades, combat drugs, agoniser, plasma grenades
    all on raider

raider squad #2
    same as above

warrior squad # 1
    19 warriors with two dark lances
    sybriate with terrorfex, agoniser

warrior squad #2
    same as # warrior squad # 1

warrior squad #3
    same as # warrior squad # 1

reaver jetbike squad
    4 reaver jetbikes
    reaver succubus with agoniser, plasma grenades, haywire grenades, combat drugs

decapitator mandrake champion

The plan is two send the 3 raiders up one side of the board with possibly the reaver jetbikes and get into close combat asap. The warriors will hold the middle part of the board and will take out tanks and or heavy infantry squads that pose a problem. And decapitator will bet set up secretly right behind the enemys lines, and come out and eather spport assult or setup a cross fire. Against very shooty armys i plan to let them come to me while shootying them then have a Large coutner attack.

I would greatly accept any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello, i dont play dark eldar but have gathered a large amount of info on them over the years and watched as many de battles as i could and played against them. im saying that to let u know im not an expert but know a far share.

first of all i dont think u should have 20 man warrior squads. it is kinda of wasted pts. the warriors wiht lances have limited range. if yur gonna be in assult 1st or 2nd turn(which is how de operates, maybe 1st if yur facing like say tyranids say) then the enemey will be focused there...not slow(compared to the rest of yur army) moving foot soliders moving up the middle. also if u want to shoot then u cant move and the other 18 warriors and such are useless that turn. i suggest 3 10 men squads (maybe like 10 warriors, 2 lances and the sabarite so a total of 13)
    i think it would be best to do this to all 3 on foot. three 13 man squads will still be able to hold cornors or eventually aid in combat wiht the strong cc orientated sabarite and and still ahve the same long range shooting capacity. but if u ahve 20 in each...the others are kinda useless.

with the other pts, fill up the reaver jetbikes(not sure how amny u can ahve in a squad sry for my ignorance.) and get a talos. for 100 pts the talos is t7 and str 6 i believe and a power weapon and it has above average shooting ability. its a great buy. it will also soak up some fire...diverting it off yur now smaller warriors.

also last thing, against shooty armies. they arent gonna cmoe to you. tau and ig will jsut sit back and pumple u with fire power. on the first turn move like 24 " right in their face wiht the raiders, and make sure after yur move...turn it sideways. then they may shoot em down cuz they can onyl glance. if they do shoot em down them like deploy yur guys behind the vehicle so they cant shoot em, and since they only glance yu dont have to take the vehicle off the baord and can use it as cover. i had a dark eldar player do this to me and it worked beatifully. then if they dont shoot em down then jump out and do wat u do besta nd assult. if yu are out then jsut wlak up and assult cuz youll prolly be in assualt range since u deployed 12 and moved 24.

most importanly remeber to be a good sport and ahve fun! sry this was so long winded and good luck!
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my previous post there at the end, i shouldve said assult oriented armys..... yeah...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh ok lol then jsut use that strat i agve for shooty armies

also use edit not a new post...moderators dont liek it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info yeah i have a talos but i wanted to make sure the warriors witht he lances diddn&#39;t die too quick so i added more warriors, and about the talos i used it a couple of months ago in a tounrney and all it did was get shot to bits crossing the board in a horrbly slow fashion.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but then yur raiders are left not shot at...always a good thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to take out large shooting armies such as the imperial guard, i would suggest replacing some of the warriors with dark eldar witches. They are absoulty amazing in cc and they can get to the enemy very fast if u mount them in transports. Replace the warriors on the raiders with witches and watch your oppenent beat his fist in frustration as all of his tanks are haywire grenaded and his troops are eatin for breakfast by your witches.

Closed Thread