Mutants - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mutants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the correct way of seeing how many mutants i can have. I don't understand what the codex means.

thanks

HighMarshall Lucian

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok this is my understanding

if a model or a creature is given anything that is not in the army list section then it is a mutant and you must used the biomorph tables at tha back of the codex.
    E.g in the army list section for the hive tyrant for instance it has the flesh hooks, implant attack and bio-plasma attack. but if you wanted to give the hive tyrant extended carapace then he would become a mutant. this would be an armour characteristic and would cost 15pts the hive tyrant now is a mutant and you can rename it and if you want give it more biomorphs. when you count up the total amount of species this counts as one on its own, and if you had another hive tyrant with no mutations then he would be a different species from the mutant one.

how is that, i dont know if it is correct or not but thats how i do it.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

I think that this is not what he referred to. There are two different types of mutants:
    The mutable genus species, which allow you to create own types of species, and those mutated models in a brood, e.g. hive node mutants and weapon beasts.

However, it's difficult to explain how you determine the number of models which can be mutated per brood without violating copyrights. Could you be a little more precise what part of those rules you don't understand? I think they're quite clear.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mutants are one of a kind creatures in a unit. acid blood, weapon beast,large, node that sort of thing. to determin if you can have one you need to count up all the diffretn species in your army
    like i have a tyrant a warrior brood tyrant guard a termie pack and a carnifex and some genestealers. i have 6 diffrent species in my army. now a unit that has more modles or total wounds can have a mutant that is a multiple of it. so if i wanted a mutant in my termies unit say i have 24 i could infact have 1-4 mutants because i have 4 time the mnumber of modles then species. but if i wanted to mutate my tyrant to be "large"(i think its extrodanary size) i couldnt in this armie i would need to have only 4 species because he only has 4 wounds (so i would ahve to drop the tyrant guard and carnifex and take more termies and gene stearlers to fill the points). the bio morph table in the back is if you dont like the standerd creatur in the front section you can make your own. like with a carnifex with 2 sets of scything talons there is now point in having the extra bs point and the extra iniative point so i droped both of them and saved 10 points. now if you have a bio morphed carnifex you have made for hand to hand and you have a standered carnifex they would count as diffrent species for the purpose of making mutants.

my fave unit right now is a group of 24 termies with felshbores 1 hive node and 3 weapon beast with venome cannons.

hope this answers your questions.

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,

I under stand now. By the way,... what would you think of this list??

HIVE TYRANT with: scything talons 2x, bio-plasma attack, inplant attack and warp blast.

2 LICTORS

WARRIOR BROOD 3X with: deathspitter 3x, extended carapace

WARRIOR BROOD 3X with: deathspitter 3x, extended carapace

GENESTEALERS 12x

HORMAGAUNT BROOD 16x

HORMAGAUNT BROOD 16x

HORMAGAUNT BROOD 16x

CARNIFEX with: scything talons 1x, barbed strangler and bio-plasma attack.

ZOANTHROPES with: warp blast

ZOANTHROPES with: warp blast

this is 1500 pt.

what do you think of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like it. The Tyrant will be shot to pieces before he gets to use all his fancy gear. If your Tyrant doesn't have wings, give him a guard and a Venom Cannon. I'd probably upgrade 1 warrior in each brood to a VC too, just for the extra threat at long range.

And Hive nodes for your 'gaunts (though some people rely on the 1 chance out of 3 to get the "ATTACK" option under instinctive behavior, I prefer to have control over my units).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would look at getting some tyrant guard in there. and might drop the extended carapace. depends who you are fighting and what there avrage AP is i have found a few games vs tau and marines the most anyways that extended isnt worth it. and i might make make the hormies 2 units of 24 with a node in each.

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks.. but will hte venom cannon do his job?? I think of tyranids to be a cc army and not shooting. Putting guards in it shouldn't be a problem but with that army list i have 7 species so that means that i can have 2 mutants?? If Im wrong could you please tell me how it works with my army list?? The one above.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm you have 7 species now if you added gaurd you would have 8. that means each unit of hormies could have 2 mutants.(16hormies divided by 8 spicies =2)
    if you merged you warriors into one unit you could place a mutant in there aswell (6 warriors 2 wounds each +=12, 12 divided by species = 1 more less).
    VC are great sure they can only score glancing hits but warriors cant fleet of foot so what els are they goign to do until they get into combat. hell for that matter make the warrior mutant a weapon bneast and give him another cannon have 2 in one unit. its only 25 points to do it too.

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Warrior's EC puts them over the typical bolter AP of 5, so I would go for it vs Space Marines.

The Venom Cannon is a great weapon, and even if it doesn't get the job done, its a big enough threat to draw your opponents attention away from your gaunts, which increases the chances of you making it into close combat.

I prefer a VC on my Tyrant because he gets 3 VC shots to 1 Warp Blast, and its a decent strength and better range. Plus, I'm not good at modeling wings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast