Heavy Weapons Vs Tyrannids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which weapon should i use to defeat my opponents Hive Tyrant..... from what i have read the starcannon would be a good choice for deseroying the HT.... so the weapons i have are EMl starcannon and scatter laser... which of these would be best for destroying ALL of his units... my other opponent is Necron... so it would help if the weapon could deal with both of my opponents. :mellow:

"What's nastier than the smell of melting polystyrene? The smell of burning flesh."
    TargetOnMyBack

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

You really need to get some starcannons, they are great for killing big nidz.

The starcannon is really great for killing necrons too, as its low AP value will prevent them from returning and it will wound most of his models at 2+

Against the hordes of Gaunts i'd use Scatter Lasers, but a lot of them is needed.
    It's better effect to use Shuriken Catapults and Flamers to kill them. A nice tactic is to have a squad of 5 Storm guardians with 2 flamers and 1 warlock with destructor in a Falcon. you can zoom into position during the movement phase (12") and unload them so they can cover a lot of gaunts with their nice 3 flame templates. kills them on 3+/2+. then they might get charged, but since the squad cost about 70 pts they will probably make them up in that one attack.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only problem with starcannons is that it doesnt keep crons from standing back up. However, it does negate their save, and insta kills scarab swarms.

On flamers and shuriken cats.: theyre only any use in a falcon, since otherwise you have no real chance of catching them in range.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well try mindwarring his hive tyrant to dead if you play ultwhe. It almost always works fine for me turn 1 1 dead hive turn 2 another dead hive turn 3 dead carnifex etc etc .

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if a weapon ignores armor saves then doesn't that mean that a necrons WBB rule is negated? :huh: Just a thought....
    "What's nastier than the smell of melting polystyrene? The smell of burning flesh."
    TargetOnMyBack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ONLY way to negate a WBB roll is to INSTANT KILL him. (unless his lord is nearby) and to whipe the squad out in CC and consolidate.

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

I would use Starcannons, and Eldar Missile Launchers (Plasma for Warriors, etc. Krak for Big stuff and Necrons) Use Starcannons, and you could try Swooping Hawks. Warp Spiders are good for Nids, and they're Exarch vs Necrons (Although, IMO, an Exarch is not worth it.)
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO you should steer clear of scatter lasers. the only thing going for them other than the cost is the potential number of shots you can get, frankly the only save it will ignore is a genestealers one. the starcannon is much better- it has the AP to knock down a tyrant and it still has a high number of shots so you could still fire at his little creatures with reasonable effectiveness. best of all it will always gives you 3 shots unlike the scatter laser which gives you a number between 1 and 6. starcannons are also amazing against necrons or anything with a power armour save and though it will allow them to stand up again it's high number of shots means that with a few of them you could take out a squad and prevent the wwb if the opponent placed them unluckily.

EML's are great. the plasma missile is great against hordes and the krak missile can instakill warriors (for now :shifty: ) krak missiles will also deny necrons a wwb roll and punch through their armour. the problem here is that the krak missile probably won't ignore a Tyrant's armour, so isn't too useful against TMC's.

brightlances have lost a lot of usefullness against necrons due to the damn living metal thing on the monolith. though it does ignore wwb and armour saves on necrons and will cut through a TMC's armour, while still being cheaper than an EML.

in summary, eldar ranged weapons- definately take starcannons, eml's are good for taking everything but a TMC and Brightlances have no blast template like the EML but are cheaper and have a better AP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why dont you buy yourself a eldar revenant titan
    with pulsars it should noyt be a problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Eldrad_Nick@Dec 27 2004, 14:12
    why dont you buy yourself a eldar revenant titan
    with pulsars it should noyt be a problem
    [snapback]287104[/snapback]
    the main problem here is that not everyone has £150 lying around.
    and you need opponents permission to use it.
    and most opponents won't let you use it.
    and its around 600 points so you can't have much else in your army.
    and its only 2 pulsars for the 600 odd points cost
    etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast