New Eldar Player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just now starting my army. I'm probably going to buy a battle force this weekend(tomorrow). A few questions:

I'm getting some Storm Guardians are they any good?(I know you can't give me stats but jus tin your opinion)

Also, I'm playing this kid with a small, but from what I hear very well strategized force, what are some thigns I should look out for?

Any tips are appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well do u want to do a craftworld or not?

craftworlds:
    Biel-Tan LOTS of aspect warriors(swooping hawks, war spiders, striking scorpions, howling b anshees) they are kinda cheesy imo

Ulthwe(this si wat i play) lots of farseer and warlocks. they have a seer council (farseers wiht warlock bodyguards) the farseer have powers and the warlocks have a power to double the range of the farseer seers power.

Iyanden: LOADS of wraithlords and wraithguard.

saim hann: lots of bikes and jet bikes

it kind depends on wat u want to do. vanilla eldar can be very deadly so u dont have to do a craftworld.

well basics you should get for 1500 pts
    atleast one wriathlord
    2 gaurdians squads wiht heavy weapons
    maybesome rangers...they are nasty
    either banshees or striking scorpions(big debate on which is better..i like scorpions)

dont waste yur time wiht storm guardians. some ppl like them but id rather get another heavy weapon squad that can move and still fireits heavy weapon.

wat army will u be facing? i cant help if i dont the army yull face and wats in it.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two words: Star Cannons

Equip your Wraithlords, and HW platforms with them, or.......

The most devistating ranged attack that I know of in 40k is 3 Warwalkers each with 2 Star Cannons with a Farseer casting Guide on them. This unit combo will unleash 18 re-rollable S:6 AP:2 shots to 36" and you can move and fire.

Just make sure no-one survives to shoot back......

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dood but against orks/nids 3 warwalkers...each with scatter lasers. lol u get 6d6 shots&#33; its a possibilty of 36 str 6 ap 6 shots&#33;&#33; and re roll misses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy I&#39;m going to be playing has Necrons. He has a tiny army, cause he doesn&#39;t ahve much &#036;, so his armies being built really slow. As of now he has:

1 squad of 6 Flayed Ones
    Deceiver
    Necron Lord
    2 squads of 12 troops
    Tomb Spyder
    1 Wraith(he plan on getting much more stuff, like Pariahs/Immortals/more Wraiths & of course some Destroyers..but again he&#39;s 13(so am I), so he has like no &#036;(bling.lol)

I think that is actually his whole army. It doesn&#39;t seem very good, but he&#39;s never lost a battle against any army. So, if anybody could tell me the best tactics for Eldar against Necorns that would be appreciated.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok look out for the deciever..he is a necron god. lol that tends to be a bad thing.

star cannons will be yur frined for this game. its ap 2 so can cut through his troops. watch out for the deciever and stay out of hand to ahnd combat(unless u got either a wraithlord, avatar, scorpions or banshees..if u have any of these get into combat.) other then that just have fun. if he has never lost a battle tehn do yur best and after ask him wat u did good./bad how u can improve yur tactics. if yur new to the game or eldar then take criticism, especially if yur new to the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, what about Flayed Ones? Are they a threat since he could deep strike them and force me in to cc. Also, are the regualr Necorn troops mor eof a threat to Eldar in long range or cc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I have never played against necrons but i think a storm squad is a good purchase for a eldar army but only with a farseer with the enhance physic power. They are usually over looked by people as they tend to concentrate on the meaner stuff. But aslong as you dont take too big a bite in the unit you chose to assualt they should win easily enough and dont even get me started on beautiful beautiful haywire grenades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Necron&#39;s main weakness is their "Phase Out" drawback.

The army you mentioned above fields very few models. I suggest you field multiple Star Cannons because they can kill Necrons very quickly. Target all his warriors first, then flayed ones respectively and I&#39;m sure he will phase out. Necrons may not be the easiest to kill, but once you know how to beat them, it gets much easier (compared to focusing fire on that bloody C&#39;Tan Lord). Since he&#39;s gonig to get Wraiths and Immortals (High point cost, means less models in army), its only going to get better.

The C&#39;Tan Lord&#39;s main weakness is snipers. I suggest you fielding several rangers; they are very effective against the slow-moving lords with their 2+ to hit 4+ to wound rifles. Snipers are excellent against independent characters with saves above 4+. A group of snipers can easily take out an Avatar, for example.

Hope that helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against Necrons I would definetly go for Banshees, as Power Weapons prevents the Necrons from using "We&#39;ll be Back" (no armour saves ).

Starcannons (it&#39;s one word ) are great against most armies, and that includes Necrons. try to cram in four or five...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast