Zoanthropes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zoanthropes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont you think zoanthropes just rule. it just shouts 'put some marines in my way, i wanna kill em. compared to the randomness of biovores and the complete slowness of carnifexes, their a god send

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem is, theyre easily outranged by lascannons and such, which will kill them in one shot. They are very vulnerable, and so they shud be hidden until they can make the best out of warp blast. Of course, u dont have to give them the warp blast, give them a different power such as psychic scream, and in broods of 3, theyll be a great addition to hive tyrant or something. This makes an enemy morale check at -3.
    All you gotta do is keep them protected, and then they will be a very valuable asset to your army.
    Currently painting:
    Grey knight squad 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by white scar@Dec 26 2004, 09:15
    dont you think zoanthropes just rule. it just shouts 'put some marines in my way, i wanna kill em. compared to the randomness of biovores and the complete slowness of carnifexes, their a god send
    [snapback]286516[/snapback]
    I think my Zoans rule! Adaptable, and in the odd chance they get into cc, they don't suck at it. They could rule more though, hopefully our new codex will improve them even more!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy and taste good with everything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Zoans are pretty decent, but they lack the anti-infantry punch afforded by the Biovores and the resilience and range afforded by a VCannon Carnifex.

Their BS also isn't that great, missing half the time...

But against SM/CSM/Necron type opponents, they can be very useful if they get close. Luckily, pairing Zoans with a Carnifex to hide behind can increase Zoan survivability a lot. =)
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Uzi-99@Dec 28 2004, 16:32
    Zoans are pretty decent, but they lack the anti-infantry punch afforded by the Biovores and the resilience and range afforded by a VCannon Carnifex.

Their BS also isn't that great, missing half the time...

But against SM/CSM/Necron type opponents, they can be very useful if they get close. Luckily, pairing Zoans with a Carnifex to hide behind can increase Zoan survivability a lot. =)
    [snapback]288038[/snapback]
    As always Uzi brings forth the wisdom of the Node Queen....
    The hive has a place for all, the biomass is all. Ware to those who fail to see the power that is the hive fleet. Take solace for those who fall to the hive are not lost, just changed for the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May Zoa`s move and shoot warp blast?
    "I keep the bible in a pool of blood,
    so that none of it`s lies can affect me."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they can. I can't think of any psychic powers that say you need to stand still to use them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally dont rate zoanthropes. If they could take 2 psychic powers then they would be awesome. Warp blast is the only one EVER worth taking. Without it they are sitting ducks (or snake things with oversized heads).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to models but rarely take them, as its been said they can be taken down easily and the Warp blast has a short range at top st. Over all the fex works best IMP so thats were my support comes from , they may be slow but everyone you play against fears them
    If it lives it will be consumed

Log
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by quiffle95@Dec 29 2004, 13:12
    I personally dont rate zoanthropes. If they could take 2 psychic powers then they would be awesome. Warp blast is the only one EVER worth taking. Without it they are sitting ducks (or snake things with oversized heads).
    [snapback]288669[/snapback]
    you can take two powers as the codex states that you must take at least 1 psychic power not just the one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast