Red Terror Or Brood Of Raveners - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cant chose what to get next for my tyrandids. the red terror or a brood of raveners?

the red terror is monstrous creature and its stats are good but it only has a initiave of 3, which means most of my opponents get to attack it first + it goes against my theme of a first attack army. with raveners their will be more and they are quicker.

i cant decide.

does anyone have any experiance with these and if so could you help me out.

thanks in advance (Y)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the general concensus is that raveners are a waste of points so I'd go with the Red Terror.
    This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick Of Seeing More People.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go with raveners if you really want to take one or the other. IMO however they are both a waste of points, as they are slower than the rest of your army and easily killed.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raveners look cool, RT looks cool! To me it totally depends on how many points I'm playing before I use them but in any of the circumstances....Raveners come before my RT. 1500pts = Raveners, 1850+ and then my RT gets to join them. Again thats just generally, sometimes fielding the RT is fun in any game, and deep striking him is even more fun. If I had to pick which of those to buy next though I'd get the Terror, its a great model to put together and paint. I think you'll enjoy it!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy and taste good with everything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the same problem. I love the models and i bought 3 raveners and the RT. Now i play sometimes with the raveners and sometimes with RT.

With terrain raveners are great agisnt SM,CSM, tau battlesuits,etc. However RT can deppstrike and i won one battle beacuseof i deepstrike RT and assault the tau deploy zone. I kill many, many battlersuits, jejejejejejejejejejejejejeje

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its almost like a HT deepstriking and kickin ass
    W/D/L

Hivefleet Omalancho 1/0/0 my current army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Baratos@Dec 26 2004, 18:23
    I would go with raveners if you really want to take one or the other. IMO however they are both a waste of points, as they are slower than the rest of your army and easily killed.
    [snapback]286737[/snapback]
    I thought Raveners and the Red Terror have a movement and assault of 9"? Is that considered slow?

As far as answering your question, I would go with the Red Terror. 104 points for a MC is not bad and he is a fun model. Deep striking is kind of cool and he ignores armor saves

If you were going to take Raveners you might as well take leaping warriors instead, but that topic has been bashed to death. Just do a search and you will see why it is better points wise to pick leaping warrriors over Raveners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Raveners and the Red Terror have a movement and assault of 9"? Is that considered slow?
    They assault 18", most everything else assaults a minimum of 19".
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

The only thing that assaults a minimum or 19" are leapers, and that's only Gaunts or Warriors. About half of the Nid army only assaults 12" (GS, Fex, Vore, Thrope, Walking Tyrant, Guard, Walking Warriors, Rippers), the other half assults 18" or more.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take raveners until its 2000 then i take RT raveners are just to weak above 2k
    W/D/L

Hivefleet Omalancho 1/0/0 my current army

+ Reply to Thread