Exceptional Size - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my tyranid friend has a 3 man/monster squad of warriors and one is mutant. It has exceptional size. Now his army has 6 different kinds of models and 8 different kinds of units. He has 6 base model types and 3 kinds of gaunts. Do those 3 kinds of gaunts add to the total number of types in the Genepool? If so, am I right in saying this mutation is illegal?

But either way, following 4th ED rules exceptional size seems useless. With the rule "majority Toughness" the mutation is just averaged out and brought back to normal! Of course you get the Enhanced Strength but it is overpriced as you cannot use the toughness... How does exceptional size work (if at all) in 4th edition?

Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every different type of gaunt species go into count for mutations. Its Clearly in the codex.

BTW: Offtopic

Are we allowed to swear because my sig that I want to add is a funny one but has swears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

majority toughness hasnt really changed between editions. It wasnt very useful in 3rd and it still isn't very useful in 4th. exceptional size, imo, is meant for TMCs as thats what i see it being useful on. The mutant warrior would only get to use his toughness value once the other 2 die

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off topic: rule number 3: Please also try to watch your language, try to keep swearing to a minimum as this is a community that consists of players of different ages.

You could abuse this rule by using "minimal" swearing as opposed to nilch. I'd say just not to or to bleep it out with fun little asterixes ******

On Topic: How can it be used with TMC's? Who has 4 types of units in their armies? And this seems like heavy power gaming if you do...
    Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

+ Reply to Thread