Ulthwe Strike Force + Harlequins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army Builder (version 2.2c) does not show Harlequins as an optional ally for Ulthwe Strike force. Since USF is Eldar, that means I should be able to take Harlequins correct? (assuming opponent agrees to beta rules yadda yadda yadda).

Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

Army builder is probably just using an older ruleset for Harlequins. It takes a lot of effort and work to edit existing armylists and i doubt many people want to put in all that effort for an army that either A) doesnt exist officially or has barely enough of an army list to really justify the work

It could be wrong, but imo you shouldnt base your armies off optional unplaytested armies that arent official

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Army Builder (version 2.2c) does not show Harlequins as an optional ally for Ulthwe Strike force. Since USF is Eldar, that means I should be able to take Harlequins correct? (assuming opponent agrees to beta rules yadda yadda yadda).
    You can take Harlequins with USF, but they wouldn't be allowed to make use of the Webway Strike, or use any of the USF (Half the army at beginning, Tactical Withdrawl) because a Troupe of Harlequins popping straight out of the portal and into CC would be very powerful. However, I don't know if the Harlequin rules are 100% official. Personally, I wouldn't use them.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm... I do belive that they COULD be used with USF. But they arn't official but if YOUR friends agrees to let you use them, why not give it a shot

Though it also brings up questions why GW thought that you couldn't use Warp Spiders when you can use Swooping Hawks and the rest of the Aspect Warriors. :wacko:

If you friends says YES then go for it :lol:

//Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have an entire Harlequin army, I just bought a bunch of ulthwe stuff on ebay and I was going to try and put together a 1,500 point list. In the beta rules Harlequins can be added as Elite choices to any Eldar or Dark Eldar army (and any army against Chaos). I don't really see why people should be afraid to go against my army. As broken as Chaos already is I don't think Harlequins could even be unbalancing.
    Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

I don't really see why people should be afraid to go against my army. As broken as Chaos already is I don't think Harlequins could even be unbalancing.
    I don't think anyone would be afraid, but I think they would lose. Ulthwe have limited Elites choices, so you fill them up with Harlequins, so now you have CC monsters poping out of the Webway, straight into CC, where they excel. If I were you (and you really want to use the Harlequins) I wouldn't allowed the Harlequins to make use of the Webway strike. Although I suppose Dark Eldar can do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Nebulas@Dec 31 2004, 04:30
    I don't think anyone would be afraid, but I think they would lose. Ulthwe have limited Elites choices, so you fill them up with Harlequins, so now you have CC monsters poping out of the Webway, straight into CC, where they excel. If I were you (and you really want to use the Harlequins) I wouldn't allowed the Harlequins to make use of the Webway strike. Although I suppose Dark Eldar can do that.
    [snapback]289943[/snapback]
    I was planning on having them be part of the half that deploys normally, if that's what you mean. The spear of Khaine, Fire Dragons and Maguan Ra are what comes out of the webway, as well as a bunch of storm squads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

I was planning on having them be part of the half that deploys normally, if that's what you mean. The spear of Khaine, Fire Dragons and Maguan Ra are what comes out of the webway, as well as a bunch of storm squads
    That's not really what I meant, but it's my bad because I explained it poorly. What I mean is this. Lets sya there are 236 points of Harlequins, and there's 1264 points of Ulthwe Strike Force. What you would do is deploy half of the Ulthwe army (as per the rules) so you deploy 632 points. Then you deploy all the Harlequins (as per normal deployment rules, and completely ignoring the Ulthwe Strike Force rules) so you deploy 236 of Harlequins. This gives you 868 at the start of the match, more than half your army, but I think it's fairer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as long as I don't have them come out of the gate I think it would be ok. I see your point, as even in the beta codex the army should be treated as a seperate party, played by another person if possible. However, if you read alot of the Eldar Fluff, the Harlequins would come to the Farseers and plan war against chaos together, so I think what I'm trying to get at is making a really fluffy army that will strike against Chaos opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know its legal to let the mpop up out of the portal. Altough it is kinda unfair for your opponent (But wo cares if hes powergaming then powergame also).
    Anyway greymeister is right with the fluff part it would make sense that the harlies come to aid the ultwhe against the forces of chaos popping together with the ultwhe forces out of the webway. Try to keep it not to unfair for your opponent tough the ID is fun and the game should stay fun. As long as you got a good time its ok but if your sweeping aside every army and the fun is getting. . . less you might consider making another list because we dont play to win or do we? ? ?
    (Well at least my friend did last game 1500 pts 3 WL and his ally 2 baselisk hided and 1 leman etc that kidna stuff I had only 1 WL and my ally had only things like 1 dreadnought etc mainly troops but still we wooped those @%^@ powergamers.)

However with that statement out of the way, I would say listen to ArchonBjorn. He has a really good tendency to not say stupid things and give bad advice.
    Learn from yesterday.
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow
    -Archonbjorn-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast